News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Source for Main Jets

Started by 98TIGA, February 05, 2019, 05:47:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

98TIGA

Does anyone have any good sources for larger main jets? I've got Keihins with K&N pods and I need to find larger jets that will work with the modification. A Google (or forum) search hasn't turned up much info. Thanks!
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS

98TIGA

Thanks, Mustang. I'm just curious... what exactly am I looking for to determine correct fitment? I searched for "Keihin CVK jet kit" on Google, and it was amazing how few results came back.

Mustang

"Keihin 36mm cvk main jet"
And then there are 2 kinds
Hex head or round head
Tiggers are round heads
Depending on how much air your flowing

With keihins and stock airbox 105s are about max.

98TIGA

Thanks again for your help! It sounds like 120-125 might be a good starting point for K&N pods from what I've read, but it's amazing the inconsistencies from one bike to the next as well  as the role climate/elevation plays in jetting.

Mustang

I'd go smaller ..........
like 110's then you can open them up with a reamer set to whatever size you end up needing and can save the aggravation of buying multiple sizes of jets

wink wink
the jets in tigger 2 with keihins are the stock .98 mains that have been increased in size to 105's
wink