News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Fuel Quality

Started by Chris Canning, February 26, 2019, 08:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Some years ago while travelling in the Alps on the Tiger bought some fuel at a small station which i'm sure was AV gas(aviation fuel) jeeze the bike was jet propelled I was crying when I ran out,not quite as good today but bought some good Shell fuel it was absolutely flying across the Cotswold today.

Lee337

Used Avgas in my Kawasaki ZX6r on a track day. Now, I'm no riding God but managed to blitz my mates Honda Fireblade. Didn't tell him what I was running so he was convinced that there was something wrong with his bike.

Makes a big difference.

I now usually run super unleaded, either Shell or BP in my 955i. Not sure it makes that much difference to power, but it seems to run smother & I get better MPG.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Last 2 tanks Ive filled up with have been Shell V-Power, £2 a tank more? She certainly seems to like it, no nasty Ethanol
2016 Tiger Sport

Tiger-G

I only use Shell fuel. Goes back to a time when I had a very fast Subaru Imprezza WRX STI that would only drink super plus  :icon_wink:. Unfortunately, it means I have to navigate my way round the country via Shell petrol stations !!   :icon_scratch:

From what I hear Shell is far superior to supermarket fuel, but maybe it's all the same and that's just an urban myth ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

threepot

My Super3 seems to run nicer using Shell Premium(v power?) But haven't noticed a difference in my Tiger? And I think they do add ethenol..5%? Esso Premium is ethanol free.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Timbox2

Quote from: threepot on March 06, 2019, 11:46:43 PM
My Super3 seems to run nicer using Shell Premium(v power?) But haven't noticed a difference in my Tiger? And I think they do add ethenol..5%? Esso Premium is ethanol free.

Yep, think your right, Esso is the only brand I can find that actually says its Ethanol free in most parts of country.
2016 Tiger Sport