News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Down shifting woes....

Started by Sidk, March 05, 2019, 03:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidk

Seems i have an intermittent issue when downshifting, it happens from time to time enough to start annoying me.
when i downshift from 3rd to 2nd it won't shift down, it stays in 3rd no matter how much pressure i put on the shifter. to alleviate the matter i have to upshift and then downshift and everything works fine?  again it doesn't happen all the time. anybody got any ideas what is going on? shifting upwards is smooth without any issues.

:^_^

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

ssevy

Mine did this when the clutch master cylinder was going bad. A rebuild kit put things right.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

JayDub

It sounds daft but I had almost the same problem when I wore brand new boots I bought recently, but also changing up, even adjusting the gear leaver didn't help. They were significantly higher at the toe area than my old ones, so I had to return them.

ssevy

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sidk

I wish it was something that simple,  :icon_mrgreen:

I swap between three pairs of boots that i wear so its not the footwear
i've narrowed it down to an adjustment needing to be made..
as  just got back from a work trip, i will fiddle with sometime during the week.

if not it gives me an excuse to buy new boots....  :thumbsup

Sidk

problem sorted by adjusting the gear shift adjustment screw/bolt whatever it is..

Pity, i was looking forward to a new pair of boots...  :m