News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This is really an insurance question

Started by Ossian, March 25, 2019, 10:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ossian

I hope someone on here can advise. I have my 2003 Tiger from new. It has still only done about 5000 miles and I want to get agreed value insurance for it. What value would I realistically be able to claim as it is getting to the stage where I wouldn't be able to find another in similar condition if mine was written off for any reason. Thanks.   :icon_scratch:

Chris Canning

I'd tell them 3k as to you getting it in the event of a claim I wouldn't hold your breath as the 955 still isn't in the collectors bracket.

Lee337

Some insurers offer an agreed value but it's usually for 20+ year bikes. I think Bikesure offer an 'agreed value' insurance policy. I think Bennetts do too but the value has to be agreed when the policy is taken out.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: Lee337 on March 26, 2019, 12:30:09 PM
Some insurers offer an agreed value but it's usually for 20+ year bikes. I think Bikesure offer an 'agreed value' insurance policy. I think Bennetts do too but the value has to be agreed when the policy is taken out.
Bikesure do offer agreed value policy's but I would never use them again, 3 years ago I had a 1999 885i, I got a quote on compare the market and went with Bikesure, they were not the cheapest but had the cheapest excess at £150.00, the policy was just over £100.00  so not too bad, I had ticked the box on the comparison site for factory fitted alarm immobilizer, 2 months into the policy they sent me a form to fill in asking more information about the alarm, when was it fitted? who fitted it? serial number? how many fobs did I have etc, I answered all question and sent a copy of the certificate for the data tool 2 system signed by the tech that fitted it when the bike was new in 1999. A few weeks later they wrote to me again asking where on the bike the alarm was fitted, I phoned them and told them it was under the rear plastic body work under the luggage rack, a few weeks after that they wrote to me again asking if I could forward a picture of said alarm on the bike, I called them and said im not stripping the arse end of my bike down just to take a photo of the alarm, I thought they had accepted this, at the end of my policy they never sent me a renewal quote so I called to ask for a renewal only to be told they had cancelled my policy 4 months previous due to unanswered questions regarding my alarm system, in that time I had commuted 14 mile each way to work and back daily and even been to Belgium on it all unknowingly with no insurance!!!!       
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Chris Canning

And never ran an ANPR it that time either blimey.

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: Chris Canning on March 28, 2019, 07:56:17 PM
And never ran an ANPR it that time either blimey.
I was very lucky, they didn't even tell me they had cancelled it, if I had an accident I don't know what I would of done, ive never had hassle over an alarm before or since but I would never use them again.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!