News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Brake issue

Started by Sidk, April 09, 2019, 01:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sidk

Quick question,

a few months ago i had new pad put on the steamer, all around.

the last couple of days as i brake at the end of the braking its as if the brakes are grinding as the bike comes to a stop.

I have checked the pads and they are not worn, anybody able to shed some light on whats going on?

ssevy

Three possibilities come to mind, in order of likelihood:
1- new pads are a harder compound than your last set, or one of them has a hard spot
2- discs have some surface rust from sitting, which you hear being ground away when you come to a stop
3- some dirt or road debris has gotten between the pad and disc surface, or one of the pads was contaminated during installation.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Newsman

I have exactly the same thing are they EBC HH pads?

davetheworv

I have the same issue on my 900 Sprint with EBC HH pads, seems a common problem in the Sprint forums, some guys give their discs a rub over with fine wet n dry and that seems to help a little. I tried ceramic and organic pads but they didnt have the same braking power so went back to HH and put up with the juddering as I come to a stop, which isnt there all the time for some reason.

threepot

HH sintered? Quickest way to destroy your discs!
95 Super111
96 Tiger