News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Dash light are dark

Started by bemusedinsojo, May 05, 2019, 06:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bemusedinsojo

Hello all,
I've been absent for a bit because I've been way busy with my job (teaching 4th graders on the Navajo reservation aka the rez aka the Navajo Nation). My steamer has been parked outside in the rain and the snow but covered. Every week or so I would starting it up to ensure the battery was still charged and to listen to the triple growl for nostalgic reasons. One day I noticed the digital clock was moving forward and backward by itself. I figured it was either haunted, stuck in a time warp, or just old and tired so unplugged it. It still started throughout the winter and just the other day it started on the first try after I put extended fuel/air screws it. Because it has started so easily I think the battery is fine.

Yesterday, I started to replace the idiot lights with leds which all worked great. When I replace the speedometer and tach lights there was no light from either display-I made sure I flipped the bulbs for proper polarity if the didn't light up the first time. Nothing. Also, the old incandescent bulbs were not working either. I went through and checked all the fuses visually and the all looked fine.

Any Ideas? Does the weird clock action have something to do with the lights or is it a separate issue? I'm not sure how to proceed.
Thanks for any help.