News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will the tiger power wheelie?

Started by dougahole, July 20, 2005, 03:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougahole

I was just curious as to weather or not the 955 tiger will power wheelie in first with stock sprockets and no clutch assist. Comming off a sport bike that did it all the time I might miss the thrill. I tested a new one a couple of years ago and didn't spank it too hard because it was just  serviced and would have been the one I got and that would have violated the break in period even though I don't ussually comply with that  for long anyway but that's another topic.

Speed3guy

Mine does it at 6000 feet if I blip the throttle just right.  During a recent trip to sea level, it powere wheelied easily.  Whoo Hooo!!!!

Guy

2005 Orange Tiger

BykBoy

It power wheelies with a 19T front sprocket :twisted:  (but only when the gas tank is half empty.. :oops: ). Stock sprocket will get the wheel up no problem, but you have to flick the gas and get the timing right. Simply rolling on the throttle will not do it.

Although I should mention I have an off road muffler and a mutilated air box...

If you really want to wheelie, get a 16T sprocket.
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

holland1

gas is alles

greg

One of the reasons I got a Tiger was so I wouldn't get the odd 'surprise' when giving it some, I'm a dull person who prefers good solid forward motion without the flightyness.
2004 Girly.

Wrangler

Wheelies or not, when I feel aggressive and start going through the gears, the front end gets very light.

First time I actually pulled the front end up was with wifey on back (trying to merge in oncomng traffic).  Didn't account for "new weight distribution" and the front end left tarmac.  Released power and she slammed back to earth again.
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

echoyankee

Quote from: "BykBoy"It power wheelies with a 19T front sprocket :twisted:  (but only when the gas tank is half empty.. :oops: ). Stock sprocket will get the wheel up no problem, but you have to flick the gas and get the timing right. Simply rolling on the throttle will not do it...

Yes, and I saw him do it!