News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

SW Motech Tank Bag for Girly/Steamer

Started by 98TIGA, August 09, 2019, 07:12:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

98TIGA

Up for grabs is an SW Motech Engage Tank Bag  in excellent condition. This uses their tank ring for easy install and removal.

It comes with the tank ring for Triumphs and this version comes with an electrical outlet - the ring has a cable that you run down to your battery and you have a power outlet in the bag. The connectors are bullets but I've also included a fly lead with a cigarette lighter connector. This is the first generation SW Motech tank ring so isn't compatible with their current Evo rings.

The only thing missing is the rain cover.

It fits the 955 tank really well for a big bag (7 litres) with no fouling of the bars or obstruction of the clocks - it also fits other bikes with a curved tank. Includes an additional ring for use with the 885 (Steamer), though the purchaser may need to purchase the mounting screws necessary to mount the ring to their gas cap. Both mounting rings have some flaking of the paint and light rust and could use a repaint or powdercoat.

I just purchased this bag from a gentleman on the forum, but as I have an aftermarket gas cap for a Ducati Monster fitted to my Steamer, the mounting holes won't align. I'm only asking what I paid for it: $75 + $25 postage. Considering SW Motech charges $58 for the mount alone, this is a great deal. I believe the bag itself was nearly 200 GBP when new.

Any questions, please reach out to me.
'98 Tiger, '12 Bonneville SE, '91 K100RS