News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Not happy!

Started by Lee337, October 13, 2019, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lee337

M&P strike again. I used them once, more than 12 years ago. Purchased an air filter for my Blackbird over the phone. The nice man on the end of the phone asked for the registration & what year it was and I told him it was registered in 1999 (T plate) but was a 98 Carbie. They sent me the wrong filter & had the cheek to charge me return postage and a restock fee, which combined was about £1 less than I'd originally paid. I then needed to re-order the correct part, which they'd send out once the restock fee & postage had been paid. I wrote a stiff letter of complaint, sticking to the facts, stating I expected a refund of at least the restock fee, but never received a reply, just a refund of around £1. So, M&P blacklisted until now.

Fast forward to today when I went to fit my new chain & sprocket set for my Tiger, ordered from M&P last week. The chain didn't fit, too short. I checked the box & there was the problem, They sent me a 110 link chain, not a 114. Checked their website, which states 114 links & my Triumph workshop manual which also confirms 114 links. I thought I'd risk using them again as I'd heard some positive feedback of late., so should be an interesting phone call to them tomorrow.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

Timbox2

Yep, they are good for tyre deals occasionally though. To be fair I go into M&P every now and then and the guys on the retail counter seem pretty clued up, its the mail order that seems to let them down
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Have to say i've Used M&P no end of times never on the phone only ordered on line either off EBay or in reply to a deal offer on the email I have some good connections to the trade and probably 75% of the time can't match their prices but never had a problem famous last words.

In fact now days with 6 bikes on the go I tend to buy stuff when it turns up at the right price rather than when I need it hence why I have a new chain from M&P all singing all dancing DID in my spares box for my X/R which cost £100.

Last week a pair of Road Tech's 120/70/17 and 190/55/17 with an Optimate 4 for £229 god knows how they do it.

Lee337

Well, the phone call went well, I now have an email containing a return label for the chain to go back tomorrow. If I'm lucky I may get the correct chain by the weekend.

No apology but small steps.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

HockleyBoy

Sounds like its turned out ok in the end.

Like Chris, I have generally found them to be pretty good with service and hard to beat on prices.

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

I bought a pair of Avon tyres for my k1200r Sport last year no fan of such but when the mail turned up 125 quid delivered expected tyres 3 years old with the consistency of a billiard ball  :icon_wink: turned up with a production date 3 weeks previous found out later through various connections they were making £10 on the deal took us to Spain and still on the bike.

But no doubt stack e'm high and sell e'm cheap has its glitch's from time to time.

Lee337

Three phone calls later, two of which were 'It'll be sent later today' & i finally got the correct chain sent. Even got a 10% off voucher with my next order. Thing is I'm not certain I wold trust them again.

At least the new chain & Sprocket kit is now fitted & my Tigger is rideable again.   :icon_biggrin: