News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Just put my Tiger to bed for the winter

Started by ssevy, November 24, 2019, 12:32:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

This riding season consisted of lots of long day trips, as opposed to my typical long road trips, as my riding buddies all had too many conflicts this year. I chased down a bunch of tags on Advrider, did a bunch of rides here in the Adirondacks, and actually attended a BMW rally at Watkins Glen, just as an excuse to try out the new tent my wife got me for father's day. It was interesting attending a non-Triumph rally, and I met and rode with several nice guys.

My Tiger ran fantastic for each and every mile, once I got the fuel tap issue resolved. I did install a new Motobatt battery this year, and a new front Shinko early in the season. Today I installed a new rear Shinko, and changed the oil and filter and greased the suspension before putting her up for winter storage.  The old oil still looked clean when I changed it, but I only totaled 4593 miles for the whole season, so I wouldn't expect the oil to be too bad.

We have one daughter in Charlottesville VA for two years, and another in Los Angeles, so I am definitely planning some long rides for next summer. One of my buddies will retire in June, and he may join me for a ride to LA, as one of his daughters lives there as well. Overall, I really enjoyed the Tiger this year, and have no doubts about its ability to get me comfortably anywhere that I want to travel. Hopefully next year I will have some ride reports with some good pictures for you guys to enjoy; I go back and read them myself sometimes when the weather is lousy just to relive some great rides (I am always shocked when I see how many thousand people have read them; that's crazy!).

So, safe riding for those of you in agreeable climates who are still able to ride daily, and happy trip planning for those of you who are hibernating like me!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Timbox2

Night night.  :icon_lol:

Although some do mothball em in the UK I dont. Its rare that I cant ride for more than 3 weeks say. Went out today and although a bit damp wasnt too bad temp wise.

Happy planning mate
2016 Tiger Sport