News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

93 Steamer

Started by Beernard, December 05, 2019, 11:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beernard

Hi All,
Greetings from Oz. Thanks to all the fantastic contributors to this great bank of knowledge. I have helped myself unashamedly of your nouse and skill.
I have played around a bit with my 93 model. Apologies where warranted. In my defence, I have no defence except that I need a bike that fits my requirements. As I suppose we all do.
The start was a blue 93. I also had a black wreck, so I played with colours for a little bit (err did I say something about "requirements"). Ridiculous but satisfying. Remember the bike was running fine, except for a horrible flat spot around 3500. Raising the slide needle one notch smoothed that out (at sea-level). I'll attach some colour combo's for the like-minded.
Then I was confronted with some left leg issues. Remember the bike was running fine. I decided in my infinite wisdom that I needed a lighter bike, but I was attached to the Steamer. Somehow I bought a Remus 3-1 system for one of the T300's on Oz ebay for a pittance. Low slung, weighed nothing. I did feel a difference.
Great idea, self. Took a shitload of time and micro-modding to fit (hammer, grinder ,etc) . Mostly because I had put a centre stand on it . Best ever addition to any of my bikes. First up I was forced by regulation to manufacture a muffler. A piece of K2 Honda 750/4 header pipe and junk was employed. Sounded nasty, but not very satisfying! Ran ok but I might reveal that journey later. Lately found a Supertrapp that doesn't sound any where near as nasty.
Upshot right now, doesn't run real well. I am not at all surprised! But I can't ride for a while anyway, so fucking around is legitimate for the moment (it will get worse!).
Maybe enough for now. I will attach some colour pix and carry on later.
Again, thanks to all the knowledgeable members. You keep the rest of us going.
Err, I have to go. No colour pix, but I reckon we can all imagine the combo's of black and blue!
BTW a great Aussie band called Chain wrote a fantastic convict song in the 70's called "Black and Blue". Part of Oz heritage. Surely on YouTube.
Thanks to all.

Ripper, woke up again.

Lee337

Just had a look at Chain, Black & Blue, so yes it is on Youtube.

Very (black &) bluesy  :augie
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ssevy

Gino Vanelli has a great song called "Black and Blue". Not sure if it is on YouTube? Definitely on Spotify.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Beernard

Thanks Ssevy. Yes on YouTube. What a singer!!
Ripper, woke up again.

Beernard

Looks like I have lost a few pics. Here's one (At Deepwater) . You can see the theme. Less blue - a bit at a time. Even though I love blue! Bike now has full black front guard and black (modified) sidecovers. Doesn't change the ride (or mean anything), but I'm just playing with colours! Its in the sick bay at the moment and a bit tricky to shoot, but I am into it again after Christmas and will share a pic. Thanks for looking.
Ripper, woke up again.

Beernard

Coming into Gloucester.
Ripper, woke up again.

Feisty

It seems like all the steamer action on the forum this month is from Oz!
Hey mate. I'm new to my steamer. How do you find owning and sourcing parts here down under?
Cheers

ssevy

Quote from: Feisty on December 24, 2019, 06:46:53 AM
It seems like all the steamer action on the forum this month is from Oz!

I think the hemisphere has something to do with that?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Beernard

Hmmm, could be some truth in that comment Ssevy. Hot as hell here right now! BTW thanks for your interesting and valuable input into the forum. Nice to hear from you Feisty. I haven't had too much trouble with parts, just a bit of a wait sometimes. I also have the luxury of raiding parts from a spare Steamer and a 92 Trophy (only if things get desperate!). It seems the Steamer is still a good mount Downunder - carbs, bugger-all tech and long travel on our shit roads. Carry a couple of key spares and everything looks Bonzer! Give me a yell if you are passing through Lake Cathie.
Ripper, woke up again.

Feisty

Nice work on having spares bikes. Ut sounds like the way to go. You live in one of my favourite camping areas in Oz. So many great spots near you along the coast. I was up that way 6 weeks ago on my gs heading home from Byron Bay. The planned route was changed twice due to the bushfires and once due to too much snow (over kosiosko).  It's a weird world we live in at the moment.  I hope the fires have avoided you and your family.  Today is the first of the season down south that is listed as catastrophic. So no riding for me for a few days. 

Beernard

Hi Feisty.
Sounds like a good Byron trip - always a good destination!
Sadly our little paradise has copped a pizzling in recent days, particularly around the coast border. The fires have hurt our countrymen in a big way, with no end in sight. I hope that all your family and friends are safe.
We are fine here at Cathie as we luckily had our emergency early in the season and there's not a whole lot left to burn. Unfortunately, however, it looks like our only saviour from this hell is rain and lots of it.
Be safe,
Ripper, woke up again.

Feisty

Thanks mate. Stay safe too. Here's hoping that conditions become more favourable. It reminds me so much of Black Saturday. The luggage from that day working it as a copper prematurely ended my 33 year career. Sadly people are still not heeding the message to get out when the warnings are given.

Beernard

Sad to hear of your experience Feisty. Much closer than any of mine.
I can only offer my greatest respect to you for being in the front line of a truly horrendous moment in our national history.
All the best to you , Feisty.
Ripper, woke up again.

London_Phil

One of the reasons Steamers are dissapearing from UK and Europe so much now, other than age, is our emission laws are somewhat extreme.
My one would have cost me £12 PER DAY to ride into London....Hockley Boy, who Commutes had the same issue with the Girlys, but some can be re-assessed.

Going more off topic, but whats with the PM of Oz grabbing peoples hands when they obviously want to tell him hes a "XXXX" but are just not interested enough. He comes across as a bit off in the UK media.
Hope everyone stays safe

Feisty

Quote from: Feisty on January 03, 2020, 12:50:38 AM
Thanks mate. Stay safe too. Here's hoping that conditions become more favourable. It reminds me so much of Black Saturday. The luggage from that day working it as a copper prematurely ended my 33 year career. Sadly people are still not heeding the message to get out when the warnings are given.

Thanks mate. Will do. I have a mate who got the call to evacuate yesterday from his farm. He had to leave his 7 bikes and WW2 jeep behind as there was no time to deal with that and livestock, the house and valuables etc. His parents have the farm over the road. His father left behind a 20 vehicle collection of pre  WW2 cars and busses and  associated memorabilia.  I hope it survives but he doesn't think it will