News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Selling my Tiger 955i 2007, here's the link........

Started by Tiger-G, December 06, 2019, 09:21:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

London_Phil

Bostedsprocket

Never thought you would let that go, is there a 1200 on the horizon?????
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Tiger-G

I know, I know.....I'm beyond upset !!  :icon_sad:

I've just retired from the fire service, got a bit of cash to play with, and it's time to let Tiger go  :icon_sad:

You've all heard me whinge on about the Explorer and its lack of fuel capacity and range, but I want to stick with Triumph (patriotic and all that) and want to stick with a big Trailie, so I'm going to have to bite my tongue and buy one. I think if they were going to bring a longer range version out, for those of us that actually go places and don't want to stopping for fuel all the time, they would have done it by now. There's still no aftermarket long range tank, so it is what it is, and I'll just have to get used to the lack of fuel. I'm hoping the extra power and shaft drive take my mind off the fuel issue.

If it sells, I'll deffo miss my 955'. To me, it's the last of the "proper" Tiger's, if you know what I mean ??  :icon_sad:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Bostedsprocket

My mate has a 2018 explorer xc, on a run he gets around 225 miles im getting around 240 out my 955, so its not a massive difference, when we went to Belgium we filled up together in the midlands then at dover roughly 212miles, then at dover again on the way back, at no point was he panicking over fuel, we were sat at 75-80 most of the time. I don't think you will notice enough for it to be a problem.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Tiger-G

Quote from: Bostedsprocket on December 08, 2019, 06:17:47 PM
My mate has a 2018 explorer xc, on a run he gets around 225 miles im getting around 240 out my 955, so its not a massive difference, when we went to Belgium we filled up together in the midlands then at dover roughly 212miles, then at dover again on the way back, at no point was he panicking over fuel, we were sat at 75-80 most of the time. I don't think you will notice enough for it to be a problem.

Yeah, I do hear people saying they get 200 miles plus out of the Explorer, but I just can't see it if you're thrashing it up and down the box all the time on the twisties ?? It's very rare for me to be on a motorway or dual carriageway getting from A - B, it's back roads all the way, riding for pleasure. Petrol stations are few and far between on the roads I use, and I'll only use Shell fuel (unless I'm really, really desperate and have no choice). I've averaged 45mpg on my 955 this year, with some very spirited riding, I just can't see that from an Explorer. I read something today on the ADV forum about a an Explorer owner getting 37mpg on a spirited ride.

On an Explorer 20 litre tank, that's 4.4 UK gallons x 37mpg = 163 miles. 

My 955 has a 24 litre tank, that's 5.28 gallons x 45mpg = 237 miles.

Difference is like night and day  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Chris Canning

No motorways and only A and B roads and you want a 1200!!!

Tiger-G

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 17, 2019, 08:25:15 AM
No motorways and only A and B roads and you want a 1200!!!

Erm....yes  ?? The Jeremy Clarkson school of driving / riding states bigger is better, more power equals better !!  :icon_wink:

On a more serious note, although I love my 955, there are times when I put the throttle on and it just doesn't accelerate as quickly as I want. I'm hoping an Explorer will give me that extra little bit I need. And......as my 955 is 12 years old now, there comes a time when a bike just gets too old and it's time to move on  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Tiger-G on December 17, 2019, 11:06:56 AM
, there are times when I put the throttle on and it just doesn't accelerate as quickly as I want.

1050 Sport  :icon_lol:
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

Quote from: HockleyBoy on December 18, 2019, 10:17:41 AM
1050 Sport  :icon_lol:

Are you taking the p!ss ??  Not a Tiger, never will be a Tiger, should never have been made, an embarrassment to Triumph and the "Tiger" brand and name  :nono

Whoops....think I bit a little bit there  :icon_wink:

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

Your opinion to which you are entitled.

Personally, having moved from the 955 (of which I have a little experience!) to the Tiger Sport I find it fits nicely into the Tiger range. It has pretty much the same capabilities as the 955,and does everything I ever wanted my 955s to do, it can handle packed gravel tracks fine but is mostly road biased. I have ridden it down a couple and its easier to handle than the 955 ever was. Carries luggage well, goes like a rocket and does loads to the gallon. It just dosent pretend to be something its not.

Downsides, less leg room and smaller tank.

If you want to define the Tiger range as off road then the 800 is probably the only one with any real capability since the Steamers.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

Quote from: HockleyBoy on December 18, 2019, 01:15:45 PM
Your opinion to which you are entitled.

Personally, having moved from the 955 (of which I have a little experience!) to the Tiger Sport I find it fits nicely into the Tiger range. It has pretty much the same capabilities as the 955,and does everything I ever wanted my 955s to do, it can handle packed gravel tracks fine but is mostly road biased. I have ridden it down a couple and its easier to handle than the 955 ever was. Carries luggage well, goes like a rocket and does loads to the gallon. It just dosent pretend to be something its not.

Downsides, less leg room and smaller tank.

If you want to define the Tiger range as off road then the 800 is probably the only one with any real capability since the Steamers.

And your opinion, to which you are entitled to, too   :icon_wink:

The modern Tiger brand is dual sports / big trailie, not a road bike. I just think Triumph should stay loyal to the Tiger brand and not go off on a tangent with road bikes. Just my opinion of course  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.