News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger or Aprilia caponord

Started by dougahole, July 23, 2005, 05:35:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougahole

O.K. I'm having no luck finding a good used tiger in my area and I'm now searching different avenues. Came across an Aprilia caponord but can't find a whole lot of info on it from owners. Has anyone heard any good or bad things about it. It sure looks cool and is comfy as hell and is no more expensive than a tiger

Dick Boyer

Compo is a good bike but not too many dealers. Also much more road oriented than the Tiger. A friend of mine has one and loves it. Too much plastic for me. Expensive to replace.

Brock

I tried one of these when I was exploring the big traillie market. Loved it actually, great engine, very comfortable, handled nice. But here in blighty Aprillia haven't got the best reputation for build quality or spares supply. Anyway then I rode a Tiger. Pissed on the Capo in every department.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

bwvtom

I test rode a Capo when I started looking for a dual Sport, the motor is great, build quality not as good as the Tiger but ok.

For me it came down to the look of the bike, it just didnÌt do it for me, and the question of dealer back up was there also.

Cheers B-Burl.

:)
B-burl

dougahole

Thanks for the replies and opinions. I'm still leaning towards the tiger due to the fact that there doesn't seem to be a lot of support from the local dealer on Aprilia overall.

newmanr19

Quote from: "dougahole"O.K. I'm having no luck finding a good used tiger in my area and I'm now searching different avenues. Came across an Aprilia caponord but can't find a whole lot of info on it from owners. Has anyone heard any good or bad things about it. It sure looks cool and is comfy as hell and is no more expensive than a tiger

don't be afraid to reach out a little. There are Tigers out there; just gotta know where to find them and be willing to travel to get a good one or pay for shipping etc.

When I was searching I would check ebay, cycletrader, several west coast Craigslist sites, Adventure rider, even the BMW Internet Marketplace. They are  all good spots to find something. Also, post an email everywhere you can think of that your looking for a Tiger and what year, condition etc.. I found a great deal on a KTM 400 recently that way. The guy wasn't even advertising it but he got my email from someone who saw my inquriy.

Mudhen

Damn, I just flew out to OKC (Edmond) and picked up a used MINI that I got on Ebay...I could have delivered my Tiger to you and ridden the car back!!

Except I'm not giving up my Tiger.  No way...sorry.   :roll:

Hang in there, one will turn up.
\'96 Steamer

TigerTrax

You can't find a used Tiger in your area?

Maybe not setting in your driveway ... but easily within a few hundred miles!

Like Arkansas; Dallas that I know of ...

Go to the Tiger message board.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

dougahole

Iv'e bid on a couple on Ebay and got out bid at the last minute on one and my damn computer locked up on me on the second one that was an 05 with 700 miles on it and only 3 miles from home. It went for $7350 and was in perfect condition. I inspected it the day before the auction ended and thought for sure it would be mine.  My honda 70 is just not doing it for me. Still works great at the lake when  I,m drunk. Speaking of drunk, I'm getting all misty eyed over the loss of the tiger on Ebay and I need a drink :cry:

Mudhen

Quote from: "dougahole"Iv'e bid on a couple on Ebay and got out bid at the last minute on one and my damn computer locked up on me on the second one that was an 05 with 700 miles on it and only 3 miles from home. It went for $7350 and was in perfect condition. I inspected it the day before the auction ended and thought for sure it would be mine.  My honda 70 is just not doing it for me. Still works great at the lake when  I,m drunk. Speaking of drunk, I'm getting all misty eyed over the loss of the tiger on Ebay and I need a drink :cry:

Haha...sounds like you SHOULD get drunk over that!  What a deal!!!  Someone's pretty happy...
\'96 Steamer

Dick Boyer

Why don't you contact Blackfoot Motorsports in Calgary? They have 05s, 04s and 03s in stock. Some demos some new.1- 403-243-2636.