News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chain and sprocket parts list

Started by ssevy, June 20, 2020, 05:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I wanted to put this information in one post for anyone doing this job. I just completed it myself, and had to do a bit of searching to find everything, and actually got the wrong brake rotor initially, as the online parts lookup was incorrect. I run the original 18-tooth front and 48-tooth rear setup. The numbers listed below are all correct for that setup as of 6/2020:

1- JT Sprockets JTF1180.18RB Rubber Cushioned Front Countershaft Sprocket $24.97
2- JT Sprockets JTR2010.48-AD Rear Sprocket $57.53
3- RK Racing Chain 530GXW-114 114-Links XW-Ring Chain with Connecting Link $121.79
4- EBC Brakes MD645 Brake Rotor $148.28
5- Triumph 3600012-T0301 Clutch pushrod seal $9.09
6- Triumph T3600008 Sprocket cover shifter shaft oil seal $8.23
7- Triumph 2080043-T0301 Gearchange pedal rubber $7.48

I reused the locking tab washer for the front sprocket, but I had to trim it a bit to get it into place because of the rubber dampening ring on the new sprocket. This is the first time I have not just used a bare JT sprocket on front, and I am curious if it will be noticeably quieter, as the factory sprocket did have these rubber dampeners? Since Triumph is supplying the round locking washer instead of the older style with two separate tabs, be aware that you will have some trimming to do if you choose the rubber damped sprocket instead of the bare one.

Here's some pictures so you can see the old style and the new style I just trimmed:

I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Mart

Thanks for posting that - useful stuff!

ssevy

Update:
After several thousand miles, I can't see, hear or feel any difference between the new front sprocket with the rubber dampening ring, and the standard one without which it replaced.
My advice - save your money and go without the rubber ring. It also makes the locking washer easier to peen into place without having to trim it.
I may not be big, but I'm slow.