News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Dualsport Adventure bike.

Started by Dick Boyer, July 23, 2005, 04:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Boyer

Any of you guys been following Adventure Rider. Apparently Buell has produced what they call another big dually. We are supposed to see it today for its unvailing. Preliminary photos arn't very exciting unless you are street oriented.

Brock

Yeah...it was in Motor Cycle News this week. Weird looking thing supposedly aimed at the Super-Moto sector. A Harley engine in a Super-Moto? hard to believe.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Mudhen

What a disappointment....

I followed that thread off and on since it started, hoping for some awesome new adventure bike.  What a waste...

(disclaimer:  'adventure' above is MY definition...I know that word means lots of different things to different people, so that bike may actually fit someones bill for an adventure bike)
\'96 Steamer

Don't knock it too much. A Harley engined thing is the only bike to have made it to the top of "Monte Impossible" in France. They've always had loads of grunt.

greg

Well I've just been to the Buell website and am underwhelmed. Now if Buell were allowed to put the V-Rod motor in something that would be quite different..............
2004 Girly.

Mudhen

Personally...using my definition of adventure, I'd love to see a 400lb, 85hp bike with 18"/21" spoked wheels, considerable protection, a fuel range of about 300 miles, and a seat I could sit on all day long.

Maybe someday...
\'96 Steamer

BigDave

I don't get the 17" front.

I don't get the big ass muffler under the bike un-protected and crap for clearance.

Other that those two things, the bike looks interesting.

NortonCharlie

I think they are really going for  "Motard" rather than dualsport.  It is by no means an adventure tourer which is really what the Tiger is.  So the folks with the new Kaw 400 Motard can look at it and say who wants a 400 lbs 80 HP motard bike.

Silly me I guess it is a Suzuki here is a link

http://www.suzukicycles.com/Products/DRZ400SMK6/Default.aspx
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando

ArizonaKid

Buell's web site has all the scoop on their XB12 variant.  This "dual sport" makes sense only in a "Buell" (odd) sort of way.  Only good for maintained dirt roads and such, I'm thinking.  As to a V-Rod motor powered bike suggested above. . .  The motor alone outweighs most dirt bikes! They'd have to do some radical re-engineering to get the weight of that lump down something usable in a more practical platform.  Actually when you think of it, the Tiger (in stock form) isn't the greatest dual sport bike either.  I guess that's where accessories come in to play. . .  I think Buell/HD makes some of those, don't they. . . like $5 billion a year's worth!
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger