News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Grinding and ticking noise ?

Started by Debrucy, July 25, 2005, 05:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debrucy

oh dear,maby its in my head but theres a grinding feeling,mostly from the gears side and a ticking noise coming from the engine,only when im in motion,any ideas tips or suggestions?

cheers

Derek

96 Steamer

Amsterdam

BykBoy

Quote from: "Debrucy"...only when im in motion...

Check if anything is touching the chain or wheel. It helps if you can put the cat on the center stand or some sort of Jack to keep the rear wheel off the ground (as level as possible to simulate riding condition).

I had some in motion clicking after I tightend the chain too much. :oops:  I only felt it in low speeds.  

I had some grinding after I turned the rear wheel thingamajigi 180 degrees to lower the bike and didn't put the right spacer to raise the chain guard.  :oops: The chain guard touched the chain and made the sound when rear wheel was spinning...
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE