News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Replacement Decals/Stickers?

Started by fishnbiker, September 25, 2020, 10:39:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnbiker

I am planning a repaint on my 95 Steamer & would like any info on replacement decals/stickers for the whole bike, as a set. Planning to change from Diablo black to Caribbean blue.
anyone have ideas?

Thanks, Ken/Fishnbiker
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Geoff W

I got mine from Bikedecals.co.uk, they do Triumph and the Steamer style Tiger logo from stock. Other stuff can be made to order. Click on Roadbikes on the menu on the left.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Slippa

96 Pimento Red Steamer.
98 British Racing Green Steamer

fishnbiker

Cheaper than that at our local Triumph dealer on Vancouver Island, western Canada, even before postage.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

fishnbiker

Quote from: Geoff W on September 26, 2020, 11:37:53 AM
I got mine from Bikedecals.co.uk, they do Triumph and the Steamer style Tiger logo from stock. Other stuff can be made to order. Click on Roadbikes on the menu on the left.

They still haven't returned my inquiry after 10 days
Ken/Fishnbiker

Sin_Tiger

Caspian Blue shurely  :icon_scratch: or are you going for a custom look?

I used Bike Decals UK, in fact I think mine was the first set they did, after a good bit of editing and no small amount of help from other inmates with dimensioning etc. Not perfect but you wouldn't know the difference unless a factory original was parked alongside.

The Non Black models had a black shadow fade above the headlights if you want to keep it "correct"

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on January 05, 2021, 11:28:28 PM
The Non Black models had a black shadow fade above the headlights if you want to keep it "correct"
Did they? My red steamer didn't have that as far as I can remember... But that was one from that initial couple of months of production when they painted the side covers on the engine the color of the bike as well...
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Geoff W

Yes my pimento red steamer had a fading black area over the headlamps, now removed.
Nice to see you back Nial.
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

Sin_Tiger

Hi guys  :wave

I think the shadow was omitted on the last year or so of production, same as the colour matched sump guard frame, last year or so were all black.

Problem uploading the photos.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ghulst

Ok, so this was my model year 1994 Tiger:

This is the only picture I can find with a head-on shot, but there is no shadow there. :)
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

ssevy

My 95 does have it. It also had the color matched sump guard, but I powdercoated that black, as I liked it better that way.
Glad to finally be able to log on and say hi to everyone!
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ghulst on January 07, 2021, 05:20:07 PM
Ok, so this was my model year 1994 Tiger:

This is the only picture I can find with a head-on shot, but there is no shadow there. :)

'94 should have had one, respray or front panel from a '98?

A preliminary check of these for having been resprayed, is check the edge of the decal with a finger nail. You should be able to see / feel the transition but not the decal edge as they were clear coated over the decals from the factory. Few bother with the clear coat as they usually send the panels to a painter then fit replacement decals themselves. If it's been a dealer repair for insurance they would just replace the panel.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on January 10, 2021, 08:28:14 PM
My 95 does have it. It also had the color matched sump guard, but I powdercoated that black, as I liked it better that way.
Glad to finally be able to log on and say hi to everyone!

A Good New Year to you  :icon_salut: and it's nice to see the Band getting back together again  :thumbsup

Beernard

Happy New Year to everyone.
Thanks to all for the info and good feeling that exists here.
Regards, Bern.
Ripper, woke up again.