News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

1995 Steamer Headlight Decals

Started by fishnbiker, January 28, 2021, 07:59:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnbiker

Greetings to the gang. I am doing a restoral on my 95 Tiger & am changing the colour from Diablo Black to Caspian Blue. I'm having some problems finding full frontal photos showing the shaded area between the headlights. I have a sign shop contact that is willing to make up whatever I can find & all I need is a good clear image of the headlight fairing alone that shows the shape & gradient of the fading black portion. Maybe also any insight into what years this was on/off the menu.

Any help out there? Thanks in advance.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sin_Tiger

This has come up on another recent thread. To the best of my knowledge, they were fitted on all '93-97 red (two metallic shades and one solid), Caspian Blue (only ever one blue) and Sand (1993 model year only, more like a metallic gold really), the black models didn't have it for fairly obvious reasons  ;) . It was deleted on the Green and Chilli Red '98 model year only.

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

fishnbiker

Thank you Sin-Tiger !

This is exactly what I'm looking for. My reasons extend to the need to get compliance with our government run vehicle insurance specialty vehicle regulations to qualify as a "COLLECTOR" status. It needs to resemble a new bike of the year of manufacture. If approved, this would give me a plate that gives annual coverage for only Cdn$150 per year (about UKP 85) for the liability with most every riding situation except going to work. Ha!, been unemployed 18 years now. BIG SAVINGS! I am now committed to the painting without this accent under the clear coat, but now I know what to do if they query it. Colour photos from all quarters plus upholstery & dash required for assessment, likely just as you showed me.

Thanks again!

Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Sin_Tiger

You're welcome, almost as much as the savings will be  ;)

If you get any grief with the government desk jockeys I may also be able to assist with images from the appropriate year Triumph catalogue / brochure, I know sad  :icon_study: :icon_rolleyes:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Sin_Tiger

In the '95 Catalogue, unfortunately they used a Black model but the '96 Red model shows the headlight eyebrow clearly.

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

fishnbiker

No brochure for '95. I picked up the Tiger in March 1997

I think I will try for the plain headlight fairing in Caspian blue, without the shading (liking that better myself). If not accepted, I have a biking friend running a sign shop here in town, or my brother much further away, that says he can make up the needed part for retrofit if needed.

As I understand it, the shading was 1993~1997 ?

Thanks
Ken/Fishnbiker

Sin_Tiger

That's correct and Caspian wasn't available for the '98 MY.

Honestly Nick, you wouldn't respect me in the morning if I didn't have at least a copy of the catalogue for every model year  :m I've got one of the press packs and a few of the release year postcards as well, if you're going to be a Nerd you might as well do the job properly  :tin hat

ghulst

Quote from: fishnbiker on February 04, 2021, 11:44:48 PM
I think I will try for the plain headlight fairing in Caspian blue, without the shading (liking that better myself). If not accepted,
Or show them a pic of my red Tiger. Obvious proof that it wasn't on all. ;)

2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011