News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Airbox, tank and the potential for more power (Igor)...

Started by CaptainScarlet, March 26, 2021, 03:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainScarlet

Guys, Refresh still ongoing: front end, foot controls and stands all back together. Now into the tank etc.
1. The two breather hoses that come from the bottom of the tank; where do they go? Do they simply route to the ground below, or do one or both of them connect elsewhere?
2. My bike saw some love from a previous owner. Lots of Touratech goodness, and also a K&N filter and Blue Flame can. So, I see mention on here of an airbox mod (though the detailed info post just keeps looping me back to 'log in'). What does that entail? I'd like to check if my bike's had it done. Oh, and if not -- and I make the mod -- what's the pros-n-cons?
3. And following on from my questions above, the TOR download: again what are the pros-n-cons, and is there anyway I can tell if it's been done?

I await enlightenment...
The Road is Life

Sin_Tiger

Time to start reading up on TuneEcu.

Doing a search that loops, can't help but trying to search on Bixxers posts might help.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Timbox2

1) Both hoses route to below, they dont connect to anything but one of them (The breather) sometimes has a rollover valve mid-way. The other is an overflow/drain.
Front is drain, rear is breather and they normally route down through a little gap in front of the water pump.

2) Chris (winger) is the airbox mod man but basically it involves cutting out a baffle plate inside the airbox, you need to remove filter to get to it, and DO NOT be tempted to try and split the airbox, the screws will just go round and round

3) With the mods the bike already has I would run the TOR tune, especially if airbox mod done.  Tune ECU is the only programme you can use unless you take to a Dealer and Alain (Tune ECU man) has stopped support for windows based programme now so you'll probably need an android device of some nature and you have to buy Tune ECU  now direct from Alain.  If you can still get the windows version of someone you'll need a good FTDI cable from the likes of Triumph Twin Power

2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Blimey all along time ago...but yes what Tim said about the box, even though I still have the bike....if anyone wants to mod a 955...stick a 17" wheel in the front...it will transform it

CaptainScarlet

The Road is Life

Bixxer Bob

If you do the airbox mod, it'll pull a 19 tooth at the front ok, which makes cruising a little easier.  Tune ECU is good, but don't go messing around before saving whatever in  the  ECU first. Also, blowing in a different tune will reset the trims, so don't judge whether it's good or bad till you've done at least 20 miles of stop start riding.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

CaptainScarlet

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on April 01, 2021, 09:20:35 AM
If you do the airbox mod, it'll pull a 19 tooth at the front ok, which makes cruising a little easier.  Tune ECU is good, but don't go messing around before saving whatever in  the  ECU first. Also, blowing in a different tune will reset the trims, so don't judge whether it's good or bad till you've done at least 20 miles of stop start riding.

Bixxer Bob, Thanks for your post. The airbox is now back on; I didn't bother messing with it. The bike has always felt just fine to me -- smooth and plenty quick enough -- so I suppose I was just 'wondering'! And I certainly have no intention of plugging it into a computer myself. I still buy vinyl and CDs; I wouldn't trust myself to download from Spotify, let alone mess with an engine😃 !
The Road is Life

Sin_Tiger

:rfl I bought some CD's and then found out I needed a laser to play them  :bug_eye

Hope it goes well  :new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint