News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Now to put it all back together

Started by Madruss, June 06, 2021, 04:28:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghulst

Nice work Madruss. Hope your Tiger in the wild has been recovered now? My first Tiger was bought out of an inheritance and after purchasing the bike, I found an old ad in the manual for a Tiger with accident damage. It didn't take me long to figure out that was mine. The speedo bucked seemed to have been recreated completely out of putty.  :icon_lol: So, I also had to recreate the whole front part of the bike that holds the lights and the fairing. Fortunately my bars were straight though.
Hope the parts bike is coming in soon.

Quote from: Lee337 on January 11, 2023, 06:11:36 PM3 years ago I only had one Honda

Good to see you came to your senses. ;)

Quote from: Madruss on January 11, 2023, 09:46:37 PMMrs M isn't impressed now  :nono so a larger shed is in the planning stages  :icon_biggrin:

Wish I had the space for that... And the planning permission options. 
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Madruss

It's arrived, albeit a couple of weeks late.
The carrier's trailer suffered a misadventure the day following loading, which required major repairs, hence the delay.
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

Madruss

The next issue to address is, the keys went "walkabout" before loading  :icon_eek:
How do I go about opening the seat to access the new battery to fit into the black bike without damage. :^_^ 
Regards Russ

Madruss

Had a win on my initial inspection with brand name crashbars
Regards Russ

Madruss

Unknown brand pannier racks but brand name mufflers which are a bit big (melted the sidecovers)
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ

Sin_Tiger

The "skinny" discs are aftermarket. I've used both of those on Steamers and couldn't say there was a lot of difference in performance, except the skinny ones rusted faster, lower silicone steel.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Beernard

Nice work Russ. Looks like you have picked up some nice bits as well as all the other stuff on a pretty complete bike. Good on ya!
Ripper, woke up again.

Madruss

Quote from: Beernard on February 06, 2023, 08:16:56 AMNice work Russ. Looks like you have picked up some nice bits as well as all the other stuff on a pretty complete bike. Good on ya!
Thanks Beernard  :occasion14
My righthand footpeg mounting in bent so that'll be another swap out.
I can't see the yellow brakelines fitting in to the black colour scheme either, so they'll stay.
I'll have the seat repadded "taller" with a different fabric too & put my seat with the primer/calypso tiger!
Regards Russ

Madruss

The compliance plate is in a rather weird location, out on the swingarm, near the pillion footpeg  :^_^ 
Regards Russ

Madruss

I needed to gain access to the battery on the 92 but without keys  :^_^ I removed the seat from the 96, the conventional way (with a key) noting the cable to the seat release :icon_idea:
I found after removing the pannier racks, plus exhaust I could lever up the seat using a long screwdriver & then another long one, push the cabled release mechanism to pop the seat off :occasion14
Access to the battery successful, so now is on charge. Hopefully, by morning, it'll be fully charged.
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ

ghulst

Was the key not included in the deal?
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

Madruss

Unfortunately the owner had the bike strapped to a bike crate on the back of his truck, with the keys in the ignition!
Some "opportunist thief" grabbed them 😰😬
Regards Russ

Madruss

I intend to remove the seat lock mechanism with the lock barrel & take it to a locksmith I've used in town & have a key  made to suit.
A bit of a pain in mule/donkey (being polite as we don't have an emoji of an Ass)  :icon_smile:
Regards Russ