News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Front tyre on 95 Steamer

Started by Slyos, August 03, 2005, 08:11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slyos

Hi,

I ride a 900 Tiger in Peru, and my options are quite limited as far as parts are concerned... I can't find any other front tyre than a Pirelli MT 60 110 90 19, instead of the stock 110 80 19... will it affect my riding if I fit the 90 instead of the 80 ? will it fit under the mudguard ?

Thanks for your help,

Slyos

Mudhen

Hi Slyos...can't answer if it will fit or not....it's .43" (11mm) taller sidewall.  I bet it would be close.

I do know that others have moved the mudguard up, especially when fitting a 21" front wheel.  I personally, removed mine and fitted an Acerbis universal front fender...

Here's an awesome tire/wheel calculator that I just stumbled on:

http://www.dakota-truck.net/TIRECALC/tirecalc.html

Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Pat
\'96 Steamer

Slyos

Thanks a lot Pat, the link is very interesting, I 'll have a good look later on, I finally ordered a Pirelli MT66 110 90 19 for the front, and Pirelli MT 60 140 80 17 for the rear, that's the closest I could find, I'll let you know how it handles ...

Slyos