News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ignition lock feature

Started by tnktm, August 07, 2005, 04:05:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnktm

Hey all - I wanted to see if anyone could  help me lock the steering.  The manual says from off position push down on the key, let it come up,  then turn to lock.   When I try this, it only turns halfway to lock , nothing is locked, and the key won't come out.   I have tried this with the handlebars turned to every position, and always the same.   Anyone have any experience with this?   This is on a 02 Tiger,  by the way.   Thanks.

wtrlogd

I had the same frustration with my '05 the first time I tried it. The trick is to find the correct position of the handle bars. If turned all the way left, it will not lock. Slowly turn the bars back toward staight ahead from full left while lightly turning the key to the left or lock position. You'll feel the locking pin drop.
2005 Triumph Tiger

1997 ATK605DS

kiwitiger

Can be a bit tricky, I push down on the key and turn the bars at the same time . This always works . Good luck

fastslug

had my bike 18 months, used it every day, and only twice have a managed to get the bloody steering lock on ](*,)

ArizonaKid

As stated above, the trick is to move the bars slightly as you turn the key. It takes some searching to find the right position, but once you get used to the "feel" of it, it isn't a problem. Don't turn the key all the way to the last position otherwise the parking light will stay on and you'll run down the battery.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

HockleyBoy

Have also had the same problem on my 05 Tiger but now have the hang of it, just a matter of getting the bars in the right position.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

tnktm

Thanks so much for the replys - I was able to lock it using your tips.   Thanks again.