News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Headlights and wiring questions on 97

Started by apache, August 10, 2005, 08:29:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apache

Hey guys, as I tear into my tiger I have more questions than answers. Is it normal for both headlights to be on at lowbeam? or is this a conversion. I see what looks like a few non stock relays like I had done to my ducati. also in general the wiring is a little scattered IMO, the fuse box is velcro attached? and other relays with mounting tabs are only zip tied in place. It all seems to be going nowhere but curious is this stock.

BR

Apache,

Yes, both headlights should be on for low-beam (and high-beam of course).  On my '98 as well, the relays and other bits are simply zip-tied onto the instrument/headlight sub-frame.  I just spent several hours myself cleaning up my wiring and re-routing things.  Fuse-box?  Mine is back under the seat in the tail section.... not exactly easy access so I moved it forward and it's held in place by some plastic push-type pins if I recall correctly.  Hope this helps.

Brendan

apache

Thanks BR,

I appricate all the info on sorting this out. I owned a 94 Ducati/Cagiva Elefant 900 which was a cool bike ,but man the wiring was a mess compliments the factory. I damn near burned it up in Death Valley, and still had a 6 hr ride home. My tiger has not had any problems, I just wanna avoid them. I did find when it was apart the leads to the coils were loose and dirty. Some of the relays look like a good washing or some rain would fill the plastic caps with water.

Any info on a taller wind screen? and pannier mounts? seems most here own newer Tigers and late stuff wont fit our years.

Thanks again.