News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Clutch and brake fluid housing position

Started by Aeschere, May 16, 2023, 08:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeschere

Hello all,

After my ride this weekend, I would like to adjust the handlebar to help with some comfort. I have positioned the handlebar a bit closer so that I can now make fully lock the handlebars both ways without having to move forward.

However, the Haynes manual says that I need to line up the fluid housing mating surface line with the indent in the handlebar. However, I thought that those housings needed to be horizontal when the bars are in a neutral position.

What is your take on this? Line up the indent with the mating surface line, or have them horizontal?

Sin_Tiger

I think you'll be fine with a bit of an angle but having it at the right angle for your own riding position, grip and reach is more important than anything Haynes might say. Don't forget, bikes lean side to side and we go up and down some steep hills (NOT having a laugh at the Netherlands  :augie ), so as long as you can see a level in the sight glass, you'll be fine.

You might want to consider a set of "Bar Back" adaptors, they work fine on a Steamer and aren't pricey, although I went back to the standard arrangement but everyone is different
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint