News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2005 noises

Started by cagi, August 12, 2005, 12:15:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cagi

hi

has anyone else got a 05 that has noises comming from the head stock/forks does'nt sound normal to me ?

apart from that its a big inprovment on the steamer i had and with a triumph race can it sounds more like a roar than a meeoow when opened up

New-Tiger

Mine does as well. Its a fairly common complaint. Apparantly nothing to worry about but caused by sleeves in the forks making a noise or something. (not the most technical of answers for you)

Speed3guy

Mine does it too.  It's annoying, but I've been told that it's not a problem.  I've put 7000+ on/off miles on it in the last 3 months, and had no problems with it, no increase in the noise, or no decrease in performance.

sined

If they say i ts normal, to me any rattle annoying i ts not normal. Mine (2005) do the same, any e-mail adress to triumph an web site!

how can we complaint?
There is no bad weather, only badly equiped motorcyclyst .

Jim S

Hi folks,

This noise, I've got an 04 Tiger and when you go very a sharp bump at low speed the forks give a crack like they've fully extended, is this the noise you mean? Like a knock, slide hammer effect of the fork legs? I've noticed mine doing this since I bought it. It has 9000 miles on the clock.

I had an Africa twin did the same only it didn't do it until I had changed the fork oil? I don't remember ever hearing this noise but I changed the fork oil for heavier to stiffen the front end and this knocking started. Only when you went over slow bumps, but didn't do it prior to the oil change. I'd be interesting to hear what the result of this question is!
04 Tiger and 97 Blade

JRO

It's perfectly normal.  My '06 Tiger makes the same noise as your bike.  I used to ride an '83 GW Aspencade that did the same thing.
JRO

2006 Tiger

Brother Number One

My 04 does it a bit but it's nothing compared to my old TDM 850, which sounds like somebody unloading scaffolding from a high truck.
2015-16 USA & C.America: http://sawthingsclearer.com (click it, click it, click iiiit) 04 silver Tiger, Touratech Zega panniers, CCC titanium can, NWS hugger

Speed3guy

My '05 does it too.  There's another thread around here that links it to the fan sliding on the shaft.  I've got 10k miles on mine, many in the dirt.  There have been no problems so far.  It did take a little effort to get over the noise though.