News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Back on the road after a sprag.

Started by gcloys, June 28, 2023, 02:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcloys

One year (2500 miles) in and I've got it all sorted with new sprag and all. Scored some NOS Givi racks to match the luggage that came with the bike. The P.O. sold the rack for $500 at a gas station. Finally in full dress, just need to remember they're there! 
Edit: Break in the Weather and put in another 100 mile day, 250 total so far, and all is well!

Beernard

Great work!! Perseverance is a winner! Enjoy the ride.

Bern.
Ripper, woke up again.

ghulst

Nice! Also, great sale by the P.O. to get rid of that rack for $500. I think I bought mine for €245 new from Hepco and Becker. But that is not Givi. ;)

Time to get on the road. (And share pictures? ;) )
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011

gcloys

Quote from: ghulst on June 29, 2023, 11:14:07 AMNice! Also, great sale by the P.O. to get rid of that rack for $500. I think I bought mine for €245 new from Hepco and Becker. But that is not Givi. ;)

Time to get on the road. (And share pictures? ;) )
Pix coming today from a ride. The previous owner was in his early 20's so it was an offer he couldn't refuse. I was hesitant to even take the bags since I knew racks were hard to find.  There's a full set on ebay for $700 that has been listed for years! I worked out he had probably ridden for free while owning based on the rack sale and what I paid, minus expendables.

93TigerBill-2016

Nicely Done!
Interested to see how it goes - and Piccies please!!
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911