News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Got my race can

Started by dougahole, August 12, 2005, 07:21:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougahole

Well, I got my triumph race can the other day and let me give my opinion. Sounds great ! Too quiet at idle for me. I guess a sound system is the only thing that will cancel out that whinning engine. Build quality "SUCKS" Welds are some of the ugliest I've seen, I know! I weld better than that and I can't weld. Durable? Yea, at that weight it should be. As for heat, I see why it needs a heat shield that's not supplied. I got what I payed for :cry:

apache

Got what you paid for??? I hate to ask these days. Are the choises that bad? my friend builds his own for another brand of bikes. Maybe its time to hit him up for the triumphs.

Brock

My Triumph sport can has now been on 3 bikes, including 2 of my own. On those it's done over 20,000 miles. I don't know how many miles Chris Canning did with it before I bought it from him.

I ride through the winter but I have to say each spring that can scrubs up almost like new. (I wish I could say the same for me).

'Course, I can't comment on the build quality of yours but mine's good, and I think the noise level is just right. I hate cans that are noisy on tickover, and this thing howls when it needs to.

As for the heat - well, it's an exhaust. It gets hot.

You do get what you pay for, but in my case it was £125 well spent.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Dick Boyer

tomla

that's why I put a Yosh can on mine...