News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Weird plug color, clean one side?

Started by gcloys, July 04, 2023, 05:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcloys

250 miles into new plugs, bike running great!  All three plugs are clean with good color on one side and the other side is slightly fouled and darker, like the spark has burned clean on one side and not the other, almost like it's hooded or shielded? I can get pics but I'm running them through another 100 miles and re-checking.

Lee337

Not something I've noticed before  but if the bike is running just a little rich  there could be a carbon build up. Of its not too rich, it's possible the electrode is shielding half the plug.

Just a guess mind you
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

gcloys

Quote from: Lee337 on July 04, 2023, 08:18:23 PMNot something I've noticed before  but if the bike is running just a little rich  there could be a carbon build up. Of its not too rich, it's possible the electrode is shielding half the plug.

Just a guess mind you

That's what a search turned up for me on a forum from "grumpyvette"? :rock-1:  I think, never seen this before. Bike runs great and pulls through the rpms in all gears smoothly. Thanks for the repply