News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

lowered bike side stand

Started by haydenvn, September 27, 2023, 09:34:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haydenvn

i have lowered my t400 and wondered if the side stand from a same year trident or sprint would fit rather than adjust my original one.

gcloys

I've searched other sites but haven't found anything about using another side stand.  Those models don't use the same assemblies as the Tiger, but I can't imagine the actual pivot size would be different. Others with Tigers and T300's may know or ne able to measure.

haydenvn

thanks for feed back. I will track down a trident or sprint and get my micrometer out.cheers

Beernard

Gday Haydenvn,

I have always thought the standard stand was too short and made the bike lean too far. It measures approx 310mm.

A couple of years ago, I lowered my '93 by flipping the chain adjuster (there is more on this here somewhere, I think) and lowering the front triple clamps about 40mm. In my opinion this made the standard stand just about perfect! Bonus!

I also have a '92 Trophy. Sidestand measures approx 260mm. At a guess, I imagine the Trophy stand would be too short for even a lowered Tiger. It also has a smaller "foot".

Perhaps it is worth trialling your original stand, before ditching it. I also don't know how far you have lowered your Tiger, so my thoughts may well be unhelpful.

Regards, Bern. :occasion14
Ripper, woke up again.

haydenvn

again thanks for the info. I fitted the new 40nmm drop dog bones yestersay and will adjust the forks to suit but so far the side stand is ok. In fact the angle of the bike with the side stand down is now better.

gcloys

Quote from: haydenvn on October 01, 2023, 04:25:19 PMagain thanks for the info. I fitted the new 40nmm drop dog bones yestersay and will adjust the forks to suit but so far the side stand is ok. In fact the angle of the bike with the side stand down is now better.

Good info, glad it worked out.  Did you also rotate the concentric adjusters on the rear wheel? Just curious for future reference what the total drop would be using both lowering links and rotation of the adjusters.

haydenvn

no .not rotated rear wheel spindle as ride height now ok. h