News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Had it repainted

Started by fbahamon, August 13, 2005, 12:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fbahamon

Last winter I had a small collission with a car. My bike fell over but had no real damage. The car needed a new fender and since my no-claim rebate on insurance fee would suffer anyway I decided to claim my own damage as well. I had some scratches to the tank and the wind screen. But it seems repainting is to expensive in this country. So the insurance guy decided to fund the money to replace the tank and screen. I was given the money directly. That gave me the possibility to do whatever I like with it. And did I? I had it repainted in a color that is famous in the netherlands because of a cycling team that used to exist and was sponsored by Amstel beer. My bicycle is painted in the same colour.

Now I have two bikes in 'Amstel Red metallic'. I think it was worth the trouble of missing my bike for six weeks (there were 'some' delays in ordering and deliverance of transfers and a painter who did not know how to do a proper paint job).

And now I have a unique, one in the world, Tiger.

BykBoy

WOW! That looks really nice! :D/
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

Aussie Tiger

Now that looks a treat!  I'd watch it if I were you, the Triumph factory may just steal the idea.  Copyright it now while you have the chance!  If that colour was available as a factory colour, there would be no other choice for me! VERY NICE!
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

fbahamon

QuoteI'd watch it if I were you, the Triumph factory may just steal the idea. Copyright it now while you have the chance!

I don't think they will use this colour. It involves at least three layers; pink, white and red. And in the right transparency. Will probably be to expensive for a factory.

Besides, I asked the beer manufacturer for the colour code. They wouldn'nt give it. It was 'copyright protected', bla, bla, bla. See what that helped them :lol:

Thought I might add a pic of my other bike in the same color as well. 8)

BigDave

waltconrad

it's beautifull, how much did it cost? My Tiger is black and thats not a good color when it hit's 115F,Im not crazy about black either.
"Love means never having to say your sorry." Richard M. Nixon.

ebuddelm

It was about 1200 euro all in all. Not cheap. But as I said I got a big part of it refunded by the insurance company. The money I had to add is well spent I think.  I enjoy myself each and everyday when I open the garage door.

By the way at that kind of temperature, maybe you should have white garments. Must look nice, white knight on black tiger :)

PS ebuddelm is my original login, I lost the password when I wanted to post the pictures and was too eager to wait for the password being sent to me.
Amstel Red. The beer is good, the color even better.