News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Parts bike in U,S,A, Vin SJ018847 Engine #15015

Started by gcloys, November 03, 2023, 12:08:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gcloys

Just picked up a parts bike with those numbers. Can't believe they are that low. Based on the Vin Decoding post by Mustang this thing must be a '95? SJ001884*. My 98 has a vin of 5534*! Does that sound right? The engine has no hatch for the sprag.
  I had to laugh when I saw this first year import still had its chain rubbing block mount and bracket, albeit sans rubber!

93TigerBill-2016

Nice pick-up.
Noticed that it has an early rear rack, I thought that the Fabricated rack was changed to Cast rack about the same time as the loss of the Sprag Clutch plate on top of the engine block.
Re: Chain Rubbing Block - not surprised the rubber has disappeared, even an NOS part would have the rubber gone by now!
Good luck with the dismantle.
Will
'93 Triumph Tiger, Caspian Blue, Blue Engine Cases
132,000 km;  IBA #45911

ssevy

My '95 is 1837*, and has that same rear rack. Someone told me less than 300 were brought to the states in 1995?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

gcloys

Quote from: ssevy on November 10, 2023, 11:30:18 PMMy '95 is 1837*, and has that same rear rack. Someone told me less than 300 were brought to the states in 1995?
I know Mustang had said there were only 125 imported, I think it was from the Cycle World article from '95 that said there were only 125 imported into the U.S.!  We really need a registry, especially since the factory burned down and there aren't any import records, unless they have them Stateside somewhere. https://magazine.cycleworld.com/article/1995/8/1/triumph-tiger-900