News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Out & about

Started by Madruss, November 10, 2023, 04:53:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Madruss

A local road[attach id=19152]Grapetree Rd Pechey not far from home.
1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!

HockleyBoy

Nice, love the countryside you have around you.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Madruss

Quote from: HockleyBoy on November 13, 2023, 04:13:28 PMNice, love the countryside you have around you.

Looks alot better after 100mm of rain over the last week
Regards Russ

Madruss

Regards Russ

Madruss

Another quick ride down to the dam
Regards Russ

gcloys

Tell me about your seat pad set-up, how long is it good for?

Madruss

Quote from: gcloys on December 06, 2023, 11:30:14 PMTell me about your seat pad set-up, how long is it good for?
As you see, I'm not vertically challenged.
Well two items, leftover from my 660 Tenere days.
Top one is an "Airhawk" inflatable  & the larger item is a "Coleman comfort seat"
Both mainly used now for increasing saddle height.
The Coleman was a $10 item from a garage sale, not very comfortable (similar to the board they call a seat on a DR650  :icon_frown:   
The Air Hawk is brilliant  :icon_smile:  A few reports I've read, the movement between your backside & seat is off putting but that's more than likely from overweight cruiser riders  :icon_biggrin:
I'd really like to put 25-30mm into the existing seat but finding an upholsterer anywhere who's interested in a small cash job  :BangHead 
Regards Russ

gcloys

I thought it looked familiar.  I've run the same setup with an inflatable seat cushion under the Coleman. I found a parts bike that I was going to reupholster with a tall saddle but was lucky it had already been done! Makes all the difference for my 193cm frame as my pegs were already lowered by 1"(2.54cm)

Madruss

Great to hear :thumbsup
Other sites I've been on with previous bikes, DR650 & XT660Z the talk was about fitting lower seat heights for those vertically challenged  :rfl
I don't know why they didn't wake up & realise a cruiser style bike would better suit them.
I look back at me atop of my first road bike, CB500/4 in the '70s  :icon_redface: Reminds me of #34 Kevin Schwantz aboard the Pepsi Suzuki 
Regards Russ

Madruss

How did you lower your pegs?
The RH side appears relatively straight forward but the left could be a bit complicated.
I made mine longer & wider, same as my old DR650 & Tenere
Regards Russ

gcloys

Quote from: Madruss on December 22, 2023, 10:27:56 PMHow did you lower your pegs?
The RH side appears relatively straight forward but the left could be a bit complicated.
I made mine longer & wider, same as my old DR650 & Tenere
They were lowered by the previous owner.  He cut the mount from the peg and welded a small piece of square tube between to lower them.  Others on the Facebook page have needed to modify the rod for the shift lever and brake to lower the controls enough to suit the lowered pegs.

Madruss

Very good :thumbsup
I've fabricated some "rear set" pegs on my Honda 750/4 back in the early 90's by making a couple of plates & welding them into the pillion peg loop.
This appears to be marginally simpler but I'll wait till it passes a RWC (road worthy certificate) down here equivalent to your MOT. I don't need any complications with un engineered "modifications".
Some of these inspectors can be a bit testy on that front.
Regards Russ

gcloys

Quote from: Madruss on December 28, 2023, 10:12:04 AMVery good :thumbsup
I've fabricated some "rear set" pegs on my Honda 750/4 back in the early 90's by making a couple of plates & welding them into the pillion peg loop.
This appears to be marginally simpler but I'll wait till it passes a RWC (road worthy certificate) down here equivalent to your MOT. I don't need any complications with un engineered "modifications".
Some of these inspectors can be a bit testy on that front.
I'm in the U.S.A. in a state that doesn't require inspections, there are a lot of beaters around here! Some states don't even require insurance for motorcycles!

Madruss

Quote from: gcloys on December 28, 2023, 02:46:24 PMI'm in the U.S.A. in a state that doesn't require inspections, there are a lot of beaters around here! Some states don't even require insurance for motorcycles!
Inspections are "all over the shop" in Australian states, some require them annually, under 5 yrs old not required & some at point of resale 
Here In Qld, they've jacked up the solo seat rego  (CTP) insurance to nearly the price of pillion rego.
The  :Topes reason they say, more rider accident claims now than previously. The accident claims were more pillion passengers being injured before.
Obviously, the cost of fuel, covid & older riders back on the road along with dickheads on mobile phones in 4 wheels, who aren't "on the ball" add up to the increase in bike related accidents, which give the data watching revenue "milkers" the reasoning to jack up the $$$$$ :icon_frown:
Regards Russ

Madruss

One thing which has surprised me is how tall first gear is.
I'm about to replace the rear tyre (old age & some lugs have cracks) with a 130 instead of the 140 currently.
Hope it makes a bit of difference.
The mate I ride with, thinks his chrome & glitter layback HD goes hard  :rfl Riding normally, the Tiger sprints away  :icon_mrgreen:
Regards Russ