News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Slave cylinder rebuild questions

Started by Matthewittnz, December 16, 2023, 09:29:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthewittnz

Hey Guys,
Acouple of days ago I bled the clutch after replacing a few seals under the drive gear cover on my steamer that I have recently been given from my inlaws.
The next morning there was a sizeable puddle of dot4 under the bike!
Removed the slave today and found it full of shmuts, and fluid on the wrong side of the seal!
Seals are toast but do you think the piston will be saveable?
How do you remove the piston?
Easy enough job to rebuild if at home ?
Slowly wishing I had a service manual for this thing.
Cheers Matt

London_Phil

There are digitised online service manuals for these. I posted a parts list some years ago on here too.

London_Phil

I just found a workshop manual on my NAS, if you want a copy. I'm not sure if this new site can host a copy..34mb pdf..

gcloys

Manual is available in the file section of the T300 Facebook page and the Tiger 900 Steamer Facebook page. Not sure about a seal for the slave but I'm sure the FB pages will have info and there may be some here too.

Matthewittnz

Hey guys, turns out I was over thinking it. Job was cake!
Cheers Matt

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!