News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FORK OIL QUESTION....

Started by Frank.B, August 12, 2005, 02:33:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank.B

Hi Folks.

Is it easy to change the oil in the front forks on an '03 Tiger? What type and grade of oil would you recommend with the standard Triumph spring set up? I ride mostly two up.

Many thanks.

Frank.
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

It's easy if you're reasonably good with the spanners. It's time consuming because the forks have to come out and be tipped upside down to let the old oil drain out.

I did mine in about 2&1/2 hours which included cleaning everything whilst it was apart.

As for which oil. A lot of people on here recommend 15W but I went with 12.5W and I reduced the air chamber by 10mm. It seems to ride well with some reduction in dive on the brakes. But it's your choice. If you ride mostly 2 up you might well consider stiffer springs which would probably be best with 15W oil.

tomla

I like 15w CARTRIDGE fork oil, at 160mm

Quote from: "tomla"I like 15w CARTRIDGE fork oil, at 160mm

Puzzled......the book I've got says the level should be 119mm.......160mm is a lot different.