News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Any one have expertise owing or riding a 2005 Tiger 995

Started by ramiroelliot, October 11, 2024, 12:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramiroelliot

First pic is one for sale local To me. Seems like an interesting and very cool looking bike. If you have any experience with one I'd love to get your take. And would you want to buy a 20yr old one?

Lee337

I have a 2006 model with around 64000 miles. They're a nice, comfy bike (I'm 5'10). Let's say they're not perfect but have character. Service them regularly & the engine's bullet proof. Brakes need occasoonal rebuilds which i do as part of my annual service. Electrics can be challenging, especially the charging circuit but probably no worse than any other 18+ year old bike. Done a few weeks away on mine with no issues & it'ss happy at 70mph all day.

I currently have a '14 Tiger 800xc but can't part with the old 955i. She's still road legal & I still ride her every now & then.

Maintenance is key in keeping them going.
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.