News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Looking for help

Started by T100LESS, August 23, 2005, 05:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T100LESS

I pick up my new 2006 tiger next month and am looking for all the tips I can get.At 56 years of age and after a 20 year lay off, due to a back tyer blow out.I was born again with a T100 Bonneville,after 12 great months on this bike I feel it is time to move on.After a test drive on the Tiger, I new this was the bike for me.All advice greatley welcome ,also what engine bars do you lads recomend,I have a sloping drive and am afraid of it falling over...

Frank.B

HELLO T100LESS.

Nice choice of bike. My first ride on my Tiger was a bit unnerving as I had not ridden a bike as tall as this before, but you soon get used to the height which can be more of an advantage to you in many ways.

I fitted Hepco and Becker engine bars to my bike, these were supplied to order by my local Triumph agent at Orrell near Wigan. There are other very good ones available, although I am very pleased with these ones I do hope I never need them!

Other improvements/additions are a Scottoiler Kit, K&N air and oil filters, Twin headlight relay mod, 19T front sprocket, Dynojet 02 eliminator, and of course a louder Blueflame end can all supplied by http://www.triumphtiger-online.co.uk/  In addition to the engine bars Triumph Orrell also supplied me with the Heated grips, mainstand, NWS hugger and last but not least the dual gel seat which is brill!.. All the hard luggage came with the bike.

All of these mods have improved and personalised my bike and makes it a far more enjoyable ride both for me and the missus. We don't miss an oportunity to clock up a couple of hundred miles or so, either around North Wales, the dales or the Peak district on most Sundays.

Hope to see you out and about in the north west...

Frank.B
\"greetings to you....friends of peace\"

T100LESS

Quote from: Frank.BHELLO T100LESS.

Thanks Frank for your words of encouragement,have made a list of your

modifications.I think I will go with you and go for the Hepco and Becker engine bars,they look more pleasing to the eye.The Kiwi one's look like something off Fash Gordons rocket .Will look out for you up at the Ponderosa. Thanks again,Dave..

Brock

Welcome T100LESS. Nice to have another old git in the cage!

You won't be dissappointed.

And don't worry about dropping her. You won't.

Occasionally make it up to the 'Rosa too. Be looking out for you.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Frank.B

Another Pondy fan eh? have you tried the little cafe at the southern end of Lake Vyrnwy?...commendable!

Also the ride from the northern end of the lake upto Bala is very interesting too for Tiger fans.

Frank.

greg

So what's this Ponderosa thing then? Cafe? Bikemeet? Please tell!
2004 Girly.

T100LESS

Hi Greg,

the Ponderosa Cafe is the most bike friendly Cafe in North Wales,situated at the top of the Horseshoe Pass on  the A 542.  Above Llanggollen,any day,any time of the week you will get good food and even better company.About  500 mters above sea level,a great ride from either direction.Look forward to seeing you their.Dave....

T100LESS

Greg ,just a thought ,they have their own web site, take care.Dave..

Wrangler

Hats off, I started with the Bonnie for my first ridin season, but then moved up to the Tiger.  Love the Bonnie but wasn't suited for touring.  The toughest thing with the Tiger is slow mow stuff or stopped.  If you lose your balance or slip and get off center no amount of muscle or effort can stop her from going horizontal.

Just takes conciousness of that (especially when fully laden) and you'll be OK  You will enjoy her

Cheers
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

Frank.B

T100LESS.

What day of this week will you be picking up your new Tiger?....Will you be heading out towards the Pondy at the weekend?...

Frank.

T100LESS

Hi Frank,

sent you an e-mail but not shaw if you got it,I pick my Tiger up from Woods of Abergele this Sunday the 4th.Will be up at the Pondarosa after picking it up at around 1pm if you are about.

Dave..

Frank.B

Hi Dave.

Thanx, I Have recieved your email and I have logged your # in my phone.

Me and some friends will be at the Pondy around that time, look out for a orange Tig and a red and chrome Honda Valkyrie. We will be there long enough to enjoy a Sunday roast before riding off to Lake Bala for desert so See you at the pass....

Frank.