News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Corbin Saddle

Started by WildeKurt, August 23, 2005, 06:07:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WildeKurt

Hi,

Just received a new Corbin saddle for my '04.  It is very difficult to get latched.  Anyone else have the same problem?  I've added spacers to the latch mechanism which seems to help but it still requres considereable effort.

Also, their method of attaching the tool kit seems a bit flawed.  Looks like it requres a screwdriver to remove it, but that'd be in the kit.

Kurt

Sasquatch

I never used the OEM tool kit.  I built a new one with better quality tools and a wider selection.  I keep them in my right panier.

We had to shim my latch down a bit on my tiger as well.  Keep adding shims untill it latches properly.

WildeKurt

While on the topic:  I noticed it's quite hard.  Will this get any better?  I think Corbin says the seat forms to the rider's ass over time.  Is that true?

Kurt

Sasquatch

Its a funny thing.  Yes, it is hard and it never really softened over the last 3k miles. But, (or Butt, depending), it is still very comfortable.  You expect something that hard to be uncomfortable, but I do 600 mile days with no discomfort.

BigDave

I too had to add 2 washers on the back post so the seat would snap in easily.  One washer was not enough.

ballmick

still waiting for my seat, third time lucky i hope. have received two corbin seats which were both wrong but fitted them o.k. i made sure the front was pushed in and then lined up the back pin with the hole. i then sat on the back of the seat and pulled down on the grabrail. this seemed the easiest way to connect the seat.   hope this helps.

p.s. to get it off you have to turn the key whilst hitting the back of the seat with your hand :?:

wdkng_24

always worked for me ... in fact, that was the easiest way to get the stock seat off too ...

ballmick

when you ordered you seat was it used with a top box. i had my third corbin seat delivered yesterday and they still have not got it right.

please let me know either way.  cheers   mick