News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How Should I Maintain My Drive Chain?

Started by tigerhund, August 25, 2005, 04:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tigerhund

One more newbie question for anyone willing to help:

How should I clean, lube, and judge proper tension on my drive chain?   Is there anything special I should know about the tensioning system, drive chain, sprockets, or related gear on the Tiger (2004)?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

MJ

ballmick

invest in a scottoiler

Foxy

Yep, fit a Scottoiler and forget about it. My chain is on about 20,000 miles and has only needed adjusting twice, apart from when the rear tyres have been changed. Still got plenty to go too :)

Brock

Yep...with a chain oiler you'll never need to clean the chain, and it will last millions of miles. Scottoiler or CLS are the ones to get.

Set 40-45mm free movement, with the bike on the centre stand.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

MARKC

Have to agree with the forum.Scott oiler is the best maintainence you can get for your chain.

Keeping the chain accurately aligned also helps.The aligning marks are OK but I also use a lazer which when held against the rear sprocket increases the accuracy.

On all my bikes I have always used an oiler. But every few thousand miles (especially in winter) I give the chain a scrub with a small brush and paraffin.