News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I need some words of encouragement!

Started by kev187, August 30, 2005, 10:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev187

So my overheating triumph still sits after two weeks.

I had it for 2 weeks & 1000 miles, started running HOT!

Dealer let it sit for a week & then finally looked at it

Dealer told me it needed a new head gasket, that the parts had been ordered , & my bike was not coming off the rack until fixed!  this was as of last Tuesday Aug 23rd

I called today August 30th & the dealer said parts were not in & then looked to tell me the parts were not ordered till Friday the 26th.  I asked why he told me last week the parts had been ordered as of Tuesday, he just started to stutter & make up excuses.  Basically he lied to my face on the previous Tuesday & blew me off.

So my bike sits, waiting on warranty parts, & the shop manager was still making excuses like "well get to it ASAP, but Triumph may send the wrong parts & we have no control over that"

I would go down & have them re-assemble the bike & I would take it elsewhere if the next closest Triumph dealer was not an hour away.

So I have a New Tiger that was assembled poorly at the factory, I am having to deal with a Triumph dealer that does not seem to care about me or my bike & I am hoping to rely on them to tear the top end of the engine & have it back to factory specs, even though they dont know when that will be???

I hate to sound like I am whining, but i am.  I saved up the money to pay cash for this new bike & I have the worst case of buyers remorse ever.   After being out right lied to, I have no faith in this dealership & I am probably going to cut my losses & sell the tiger in the spring.  Triumph has left a bad taste in my mouth I am so sorry to report.  Hopefully I get the bike back before the cold comes in & I can maybe enjoy the several thousand I am going to loose selling it.  Miserable

Sasquatch

Contact Triumph USA directly and complain.  They need to hear that some of their dealers are causing owners to have secont thoughts about the bike.

Mistakes happen from the factory of any bike.  It is up to the dealer to take care of the customer.

kev187

I am going to write to Triumph of America indeed.  I had another friend who had difficulties with this same dealer, he also wrote a letter.  Triumph of America replied "we do not have control over what happens in our dealer network"  They tried to make up for it by giving him a voucher for a Triumph riding jacket. I understand the dealers are not directly connected to Triumph motorcycles.  I am just so frustrated with being giving false information & doubletalk regarding my bike.

MARKC

Kev,

Dont give up. The Tiger is a very good bike. Sounds like you might have a lemon as well as a crappy dealer.

1) I believe that its a myth, that to keep the warranty the bike has to be serviced by a Triumph dealer.I stand to be corrected.But I believe that as long as the manufacturers  service schedule is carried out by a reputable garage then this is OK. Word of mouth around your local bike community will let you know the best in your area.

2) As the bike is almost brand new and is now not fit for the purpose for which it was sold I think you should push for a replacement.I understand that you have to give the makers reasonable time to put things right.But reasonable is a bit subjective and they dont seem to be rushing to sort out a problem which is their fault not yours.

Dont give up

Sasquatch

In the us, you do not have to have any shop work on your bike for warrantee coverage.  You only need to prove that you did the work as scheduled.  Recipts for parts will help you prove it.  

I do all my own work and the dealer has been fantastic about the few little warrantee items.

waltconrad

I'm currently sueing my Kawasaki dealer that could't fix my w650 after 2 years. I would try the other Dealer if the fix from your dealer is no good. and if that doesn't work. If  the original dealer doesn't fix your bike after the 3rd try,get arbitration. It was a compleate waste of time for me to talk to Kawasaki USA Customer service about my problem.They are masters at giving you the run around and nothing else, at least Triumph had the decancy to tell you right off that they can't force thier  paying  client  the dealer to do anything. I'd go right to the owner of the dealership and dead calmly tell them you are not happy and your paticeance is rapidy approaching it's  limit. Make a log of all your communiction with the dealer. I got a pre paid legal service and that cuts for legal fee's by %25/hour. I waited for my situation to get better and it never did. good luck and don't take any $hite from the Ba$tards.
"Love means never having to say your sorry." Richard M. Nixon.

Wrangler

I had a similar warranty problem that a dealer couldn't/wouldn't fix.  Drove around to another dealer and it was completely different attitude.

The key to remember is the factory covers the warranty work not the dealer.  Bad dealers are bad dealers.  Don't let it tinge your opinion of a great bike or manufacturer.

Also dealers make more profit on service than on the sale of a new bike, so don't let the "I didn't buy it here" mindset be an issue.
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

eldiii

I'd just like to say that since there are several Triumph Dealers in MD and PA that are SUPER! I mean Super!  You might think of taking your bike somewhere else.  Go to the Triumph web site dealer link button and search, there are 3 in MD and 11 in PA.  I personally go to Triumph of Windber in PA where warranty issues are  "non-issues" and fixed promptly.

Ed

djr

kev187

if you are not happy with the dealer, tell him to put her together again and take her elsewhere.

In the first instance telephone Triumph and tell them the dealer is basically saying delays are caused by Triumph not sending the correct bits. Secondly demand they sort this out and fast, third ask for compensation.  

Never use this clown again - hurt him where it hurts most and name names on all the forums you visit.

Good dealers deserve to be highlighted, bad dealers also!