News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear tyre size ?

Started by mcilvenny, September 16, 2005, 11:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcilvenny

I'm currently running a 140/80/17 Anakee rear tyre on my 1996 which I believe to be the correct / recommended size. Can you tell me if a 150/70/17 will fit ?  Does anyone else with a steamer run this size ? Any problems etc.
EeeZeee Tiger

\"96\" Steamer

Personally I'd stick with the standard size. Messing with other sizes and profiles can adversly affect the handling.

Mudhen

Quote from: "mcilvenny"I'm currently running a 140/80/17 Anakee rear tyre on my 1996 which I believe to be the correct / recommended size. Can you tell me if a 150/70/17 will fit ?  Does anyone else with a steamer run this size ? Any problems etc.

My '96 had a 150/something/17 Gripster on it when I got it.  Not sure of the aspect ratio...I can check when I get home.  I didn't crash and burn from it.

Right now I'm running a 130/90/17.  No complaints.  I may not ride the same as you, though, so a big YMMV.
\'96 Steamer

BR

Sure, it'll fit.  I just bought a set of Michelin Pilot Road tires and decided to go with the slightly wider 150/70x17 for the rear.  Someday I'll get around to installing them too... likely after I actually get it running again...LOL.

Brendan

'98 BRG Tiger