News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

HELP!! Fuel Leak

Started by Hardboiledone, September 20, 2005, 02:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardboiledone

Hi, I need help. I just filled up my '03 with gas. When I got home I noticed a drip. I pulled off the left side cover and the leak was coming from the top large plug (it is red). I unhooked that plug and the fuel stopped leaking. When i plugged the red tube back in, it leaks. The connections look ok (no obvious defects).  What is the red tube for? What is my next move?

Thanks for the help,

Blake
...(the noise) suddenly turned into Tigger; a Friendly Tigger, a Grand Tigger, a Large and Helpful Tigger, a Tigger who bounced, if he bounced at all, in just the beautiful way a Tigger ought to bounce.    A.A. Milne

Wrangler

It sounds like the fittings going into the fuel pump.  There is a recall on this so you shouldn't have a problem.

Mine started with a small leak, by the time I got it to the dealer it was pissing gas the whole time.  My garage stunk and the family hated the bike.  Get it taken care of ASAP
I\'ve been from Tucson to Tucumcari

Tehachapi to Tonopah

Hardboiledone

All right, I'm a bit calmer now that the leak has stopped. Upon closer inspection, the O ring on the red plug has a tiny nick.  Hopefully that will solve the problem. I read on TriumphRat that there may have been a recall on these fuel plugs and the plastic was replaced with metal plugs(mine is plastic). Any further info? The bike is ready (if I don't blow-up) for it's 6000 mile service. Are there any other things to check? The front brakes are grabbing and I've read about problems with the metal in the discs.

Thanks,

Blake
...(the noise) suddenly turned into Tigger; a Friendly Tigger, a Grand Tigger, a Large and Helpful Tigger, a Tigger who bounced, if he bounced at all, in just the beautiful way a Tigger ought to bounce.    A.A. Milne

Hardboiledone

Thanks for the info Wrangler.  The closest dealer is 65 miles away so I'm hoping that the o-ring is the problem at least to stop the leak and be able to get it there for the recall repair (without being a Roman Candle). My girl tolerates me and  the garage smelling bad already.

Blake