News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Cee Bailey's #2 +6 shield

Started by ThreePutt, September 23, 2005, 04:16:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThreePutt

For sale: Brand New Cee Bailey's #2 +6 shield, with light tint, for 99-up

$120 plus shipping

http://www.ceebaileys.com/triumph/tigerws2.html

It arrived this week, but, after one 10 mile run, I've decided that it's not tall enough.  I'm pretty tall.  I should have ordered the +8.5. I'm going to be sending it back next week, but since it's been fitted and run, I probably won't get a full refund.  So, I thought I'd let someone here have a crack at it.
Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

noivson

:roll:  Maybe, do I want one, (sure) but will I part with money? (who knows)

PM sent....I was hoping this Tiger wouldn't become a money pit.....Oh well!
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

ThreePutt

Tom

2006 Tiger
2009 BMW R1200 RT

Bull

Quote from: "Chyron"For sale: Brand New Cee Bailey's #2 +6 shield, with light tint, for 99-up

$120 plus shipping

http://www.ceebaileys.com/triumph/tigerws2.html

It arrived this week, but, after one 10 mile run, I've decided that it's not tall enough.  I'm pretty tall.  I should have ordered the +8.5. I'm going to be sending it back next week, but since it's been fitted and run, I probably won't get a full refund.  So, I thought I'd let someone here have a crack at it.

Dear Chyron

If you do go for the +8.5" from Cee Bailley's , could you please post some pictures of it once installed?  I'm thinking about the same piece of kit but have yet to see one on the bike.  Please let us know how it goes...

TIA
\"Inconsistency is the mark of genius.\"  Emerson

tallman

I am looking to put my new Tiger on the road and realize that I will need a taller windscreen. But how tall? I am 6' 6"   How tall are you that you need the 8.5?

The Tiger fits a guy my frame better than any other bike, but I hope my high center of gravity and the Tiger's higher CG (than my old g/s) don't make cornering a problem. Thoughts?

Bruincounselor

Quote from: "tallman"I am looking to put my new Tiger on the road and realize that I will need a taller windscreen. But how tall? I am 6' 6"   How tall are you that you need the 8.5?

The Tiger fits a guy my frame better than any other bike, but I hope my high center of gravity and the Tiger's higher CG (than my old g/s) don't make cornering a problem. Thoughts?

I'm 6'4" and recommend chopping the stock w/s down. It's by far the best mod for the money.

I agree that the Tiger is a good fit for us tall folks. Cornering is no problem. I do avoid stopping with the bike leaned over....I'm actually working on a taller saddle. I will post pics if I ever finish it.

Jim

Fargo
Bruin\'

tallman

I am very interested is seeing how you raise the saddle. Pictures and results please.

Did you do anything special to the stock screen after you chopped it down? I looked at one of those freaky deflection screens. It looked like it would do the job, but I am not sure.

I don't mind a bit of air in the face. What concerns me is wind buffetting and excessive noise. I currently ride a G/S with no wind protection at all and that works fine for about 80 miles.

Any discoveries appreciated.

davensocal

Tallman-

I did a cut down for mine, it worked pretty good.  I then stole someone else's idea, and added a spare helmet shield as a deflector.  This seems to work the best for getting rid of buffeting.

You can see a pic here..

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/davidh925 ... pg&.src=ph

tallman

That's one cool looking job. I will save that photo and see what I can do. How did you attach the visor to the cutdown screen and make it adjustable?

davensocal

Thanks!!  Amazing what a Dremel tool can do!

I simply bolted the visor into the upper shield bolts.  I had to extend the bolts a little, and had to wrestle the angle a little (fighting the rubber of the nut mount).  

I also put half inch nylon standoff and an o-ring in between the visor and the original shield.  The standoff helped to open up the gap between the two when the visor is laid down (as pictured), and the o-ring helps to keep the visor from rotating when I don't want it to.

BTW- It is good for about {ahem} 115MPH.  Not that I would know  8)

I can take some more shots for you when I am back in town next week..

tallman

I would like to see more photos. I think you are on to something here. Where did you get the idea to use a visor as a deflection shield?