News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

gears again?

Started by Gene, October 08, 2005, 01:20:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gene

I am going to the tail of the dragon soon and am thinking of a 16t or a 17t front sprocket for my tiger.  any sug's.  I have the 18t and 19t. :?:
Folks,  Don\'t try this at home?

Gene

I went to the dealer yesterday and they said not to put a 16t sprocket on because it would cause the chain to ride on the slider and wear it out. so they recomended, and lent me a 17t.  put it on last night and can say so far it is not a sprocket I want to use on a daily basis.  on the highway it feels like the engine is wound out at 75-80 mph.  it turns about 6000 rpm at 80mph.  I am not sure it makes that much differance on the low end because the torque of the tiger is so great any ways.  there is a differance but so far I dont think it would be worth running it for long.

I think if there was a way to get more torque, reliably, that would be a better choice than gearing changes.

I LOVE MY TIGER!!  

Just to let you know.
Folks,  Don\'t try this at home?