News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tigers and V-Stroms

Started by Flying Tiger, October 13, 2005, 09:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flying Tiger

I think the Tigers are just about the best all purpose bike in itÌs class.  The riding position, the triple growl, fuel capacity, ect.  It would be interesting if  Triumph did the same thing Suzuki did with the V-Strom (1000) and the Wee-Strom (650).  Now that they have the 675 triple engine out it would be nice to get a baby version of the Tiger for my wife and for us riders with shorter inseams.  And perhaps more affordable.  That would be an awesome middleweight multi-purpose bike. IMHO

Aussie Tiger

This isn't quite a Tiger, but it is a Triumph, it is cheaper and it is a smaller bike (height and capacity). It may just be what you're after!

2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

greg

I would definitely agree the 675 trailie thing would be a good idea, but it would have to be at least as good as the 650 V-Strom which is an excellent machine. The Scrambler is not the same thing at all. Just another big soft thing for retro lovers, no bite.
2004 Girly.

djr

QuoteAnd perhaps more affordable

Given the 675 is priced almost the same as the current Tiger, it would need to be VERY BASIC or very crap to come in much lower priced!

jp4evr

right - but is the 675 priced like the tiger because of the engine - not likely.  Components on the 675, suspension, brakes and many other aspects i think push the price up.  Those types of components wouldn't make it to Tiger type bike.  

however, Triumph would have to come up with a new design which could take a few years unless it's in the works already to "shrink" the current tiger down.

Needless to say - I'd be all over it.  I miss the TT600 I used to ride and i'd love to SM a 675 tiger. (-:
2000 TIGER - Current - finally....

2000 TT600 - now my wife\'s ring

1997 CBR 600F2 - sold

1998 Suzuki - Bottom of ravine - Oops!

kraftdinners

Quote from: "Flying Tiger"I think the Tigers are just about the best all purpose bike in itÌs class.  The riding position, the triple growl, fuel capacity, ect.  It would be interesting if  Triumph did the same thing Suzuki did with the V-Strom (1000) and the Wee-Strom (650).  Now that they have the 675 triple engine out it would be nice to get a baby version of the Tiger for my wife and for us riders with shorter inseams.  And perhaps more affordable.  That would be an awesome middleweight multi-purpose bike. IMHO

Having recently traded in a Vstrom for the Tigger, I can confirm that the power delivery on the T is far smoother that the Strom, it the Strom having a chudder at low revs and a "vibration" around 3000, the finish on the Tig is just as good, altho a few more stainless finishers would have been nice, but all in all the Trumpet is the Dogs thingys.......IMHO of course..

apache

Speaking of Suzuki and Vstroms. What happened to Suzuki? I recently visited a suzuki dealer with the father in law who is interested in a new bike and was checking out all the dealer had. The new line of Suzuki cruisers look terrible. some of the paint jobs were as bad as a spray can with orange peel. All the chrome engine bits have been replaced with a cheap gloss black paint job,plastic fenders,etc. Looks like build quality and fit and finish have gone out the window. The sales guy said its Suzukis come back to the muscle cruiser which is hot right now??? in what country? only thing hot in cruisers here are the garbage wagon customs covered in chrome and 15K paint jobs. Go figure?

kraftdinners

Taking pa in law to a Suzuki dealer Apache !! shame on you ;-) should be dragging him along to a Trumpet dealer surely ?..

Patrick the Scot

Quote from: "apache"Speaking of Suzuki and Vstroms. What happened to Suzuki? I recently visited a suzuki dealer with the father in law who is interested in a new bike and was checking out all the dealer had. The new line of Suzuki cruisers look terrible. some of the paint jobs were as bad as a spray can with orange peel. All the chrome engine bits have been replaced with a cheap gloss black paint job,plastic fenders,etc. Looks like build quality and fit and finish have gone out the window. The sales guy said its Suzukis come back to the muscle cruiser which is hot right now??? in what country? only thing hot in cruisers here are the garbage wagon customs covered in chrome and 15K paint jobs. Go figure?

Apache, I like your take on the crap that Suzuki is shoveling out, (save for the Hayabusa) Your sentiments above are exactly mine and part of the reason that I ended up at the Triumph dealer over a year ago.  I was looking seriously at a DL 1000, but test rode both and the Tiger was it, hands down.
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

apache

Hang on guys, Id love to see him on a trumpet of some sort. it was the closest dealer and he fairly short. I dont think Triumph makes anything low enough for him.

Quote from: "Aussie Tiger"This isn't quite a Tiger, but it is a Triumph, it is cheaper and it is a smaller bike (height and capacity). It may just be what you're after!

You seen how much the b.loody thing weighs?