News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sea Level.

Started by Dick Boyer, October 13, 2005, 10:40:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Boyer

Wow. Couldn't believe the difference in power at sea level compared to 3500-5000ft, where I normally do most of my riding. The Tiger is quick but at sea level it felt like a different bike. The exhaust note with the off road can was sure nice too. When I got back home and didn't take the bike out for 2 weeks, I was sure it needed a tune up. The difference is amazing.

Aussie Tiger

There should be a tune for your bike from the dealer to match your altitude that will make the Tiger behave better. (that is assuming that it is a fuel injected model).
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Never regret growing old...Its a privilege not afforded to many!

NortonCharlie

The fuel injection really should adjust itself for altitude.  It has barametric and O2 sensors.  I've had my Tiger over 11,000 feet and at a little over 1000 here in Iowa and it has alway performed flawlessy.  But it definately has more power at low altitude.  

There is a long term fuel trim setting that  uses data collected from the O2 sensor to tweak the mixture for different conditions like altitude.  It really shouldn't effect the way it runs because the computer is alway shooting for the same mixture from the O2 data.  It just kind of resets a zero point so the computer is not having to do as much tweaking.  It isn't a setting you can play with, you just tell it to reset it and it sets it where it thinks it needs to be.
01 Dew Green 955i Tiger

02 Sprint RS

74 Norton 850 Commando