News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Paint job, almost.....

Started by russ_fae_fyvie, October 19, 2005, 12:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

russ_fae_fyvie

Just got a sneak preview of the tank from my Tiger repaining so thought I'd stick it on here for comments. There are a lot more cosmetic and other mods and as soon as I've put everything back together, you lot will be the first to see, besides me of course !!

Still needs whiskers, some more work on the claws and loads of laquer but its not far off. I know its all a matter of taste, but I like it !!

wonko the sane

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!  I  like it too.
The world is a book, and those who don\'t travel, read only a page.

St. Augustine

djr

looking godd and will look even better once its all done

ChrisN

That's a cool design - should look great on the finished bike.

Look forward to seeing the pics soon.
Chris

Mudhen

Wow, that's amazing!

:smt023
\'96 Steamer

zombie

GatorTiger

Are you sure you don't secretly love Harleys???  :twisted:
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

russ_fae_fyvie

Harleys !!

Wash you mouth out with soap you blasphemer !!!

All the bits are now back and I started reassembling the bike today, should be all done next week. (It would have been sooner if it hadn't been for one of the aluminium tank connecotr screws breaking off!)

So watch out for m ore photos soon !!

This is the screen, just to keep your appitite whetted (or not, as the case may be!)

GatorTiger

Quote from: "russ_fae_fyvie"Harleys !!

Wash you mouth out with soap you blasphemer !!!

Each his/her own... :wink:

While the graphics are nice, they are too much for my taste on a tiger... Please don't tell me you will put chrome on there also??  :twisted:

But I am curious too see the finished product!

Cheers,

HG
Triumph Tiger - The ultimate riding machine! \";-)\"

Know this:  A clean Tiger is a dirty shame!!

waltconrad

How much did the paint job cost? It looks like alot of hours went into it. I'm not crazy about my black tiger and wouldn't mind a new paintjob.
"Love means never having to say your sorry." Richard M. Nixon.

russ_fae_fyvie

I know each to their own eh, but I like it mainly becasue its so different, the background paint is a 3D effect which hasn't been used in the UK before so the suppliers also want to see the finished bike, which I'm hoping will be ready by next weekend.

I would definatley recommend AIR DEVILS for doing this, the detail in the Tiger is amazing when you see it close up.

My Blackbird is also on their web site http://www.airdevils.co.uk

and the standard of work from Fiona and Mark are 1st Class. The Tiger bits ended up with 16 layers of laquer on !!

Total cost was around £800 for all the parts, mainly becasue of the new paint that hadn't been tried before.

Hoping the photos will be on here pretty damn soon !

p.s. there is NO CHROME !!!  :lol: