News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

How does the seat come off?

Started by Charlie, October 23, 2005, 10:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charlie

Hello. Just found this site and wanted to say hello and ask a question. I just bought a 2006 Caspian blue Tiger yesterday and found that I did not get an owners manual, I will have to go back and get it. But, in the meanwhile, could you tell me how the seat comes off? I tried the ignition key in the seat lock, it does turn and I can hear the cable retracting, but I cant get the seat off. Is there a release somewhere? Also, I live in Las Vegas, NV, any other Tiger riders around?

thanks
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Cee Bailey\'s #1 +6x6

Ma\'s engine guards

Tourtech Radiator guard

Tourtech Oil Cooler guard

Sofalofa2005

You'll have to take the rear seat off first... when you hear that pop after turning the key, take the rear seat off and you'll see a pull-cord. Pull that and then the front seat will come off...

Charlie

Seems the problem was I was not turning the key far enough to get the "Pop". It is very stiff. And I found the manual under the back seat. I have been riding various Japanese bikes for over 20 years, this is my first Triumph. A friend has a Tiger and convinced me to try one. First day impressions are very positive. I am 6'1"  and 215 lbs and it fits me very well. Thanks for your help
2006 Caspian Blue Tiger

Cee Bailey\'s #1 +6x6

Ma\'s engine guards

Tourtech Radiator guard

Tourtech Oil Cooler guard

greg

Hello Charlie, once you have both seats off you can adjust the riders seat for height by fiddling with the metal contraption thing. Have fun, great choice of bike.
2004 Girly.

djr

It sometimes helps to push down slightly on the passenger seat when turning the key.

Sofalofa2005

I just adjusted mine up a notch yesterday - I always understood the Tiger had 2 different heights but mine has 3 (now on the middle ratchet) - amazing the difference 1cm can make, at 6'1" it was on the lowest setting and comfy, but since moving it up 1 notch yesterday it feels so much better! Seems like I have noticeably more leg room... Odd eh?

Sofalofa2005

I just adjusted mine up a notch yesterday - I always understood the Tiger had 2 different heights but mine has 3 (now on the middle ratchet) - amazing the difference 1cm can make, at 6'1" it was on the lowest setting and comfy, but since moving it up 1 notch yesterday it feels so much better! Seems like I have noticeably more leg room... Odd eh?

ArizonaKid

Seems like you've figured it out, but a good sharp whack to the top of the rear seat while turning the key works for me.  And, as you've discovered, the manual is under the seat.
Arizona Kid

Riding hard and fast down Arizona way

2007 Triumph Tiger

TigerTrax

Over the years the cable or latch get 'crud' in them and can hang up... and may cause you to break a key.

As a precaustion I hooked up a wire with a loop end tucked neatly under the fender. All I need to do is insert a stick, screwdriver, or pencil in the loop and release my seat latch.

My address: 1600 Pennsylvania Ave     Washington, D C
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'