News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

2004 Tiger

Started by BigDave, October 04, 2003, 03:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDave

Despite the rumors of a new swingarm and wheels, this is what Triumph says about the '04 Tiger...

QuoteThe Tiger is unchanged for 2004.

SOURCE: http://www.triumph.co.uk/site/bikes/page.cfm?BikeID=91

So much for MCN & their "spy" photos!

burntclutch

I tell ya...that is a bit dissapointing...but knowing there was a full reworking on the drawing board has me VERY excited. I've been very jealous of the newer injected engine in the Girly Tigers but just not the looks. With the designs on these new Triumphs...we could wind up with an AMAZING looking and functioning bike. Sadly, that same MCN article also mentioned they almost killed the Tiger altogether. Glad that didn't happen!

burnt'

'98 Black Tiger

'02 Yamaha YZF600R

BigDave

"knowing" proved to be BS.  MCN is fish wrap.  They had the inside about the Thruxton, but they were 100% wrong on the Tiger.  We can't assume anything they said had any validity.  One said that this information was about next year's models.  2005 US, 2004 UK.  That is wrong as well as the article speaks of "later this month" and the Thruxton is NOW.  My dealer knew even before the MCN crap was printed that the Tiger was alive and well and was not to change in '04.  I'd be suprised if they change the bike for 2005 (US) even.

burntclutch

Why not update the bike? All of these new models...can't they throw us a bone?

I'd say that it is due an update and our wish list thread is a good indication of what needs updating.

I would be gobsmacked if Triumph ever stopped producing the Tiger because it is hugely popular in the UK and France and is catching on in other European countries. I don't know what the actual sales figures are but the word is getting out that the Tiger is the most usefull model in the Triumph range. It does, however, have to compete with the BMW 1150GS which has a REALLY huge following. I think the Tiger is better in every respect EXCEPT off road.

Sasquatch

'04 (dad's) in the garage right next to my 01 955i.  Same bike, no changes except for a small number of fasteners.

Jay

TigerTrax

It has been quite apparent that:

1. Triumph will NOT make a change unless it is necessary or happens to

drop in their lap at no cost to them.

2. Triumph certainly has had a deaf ear to the needs for the US market where travel is totally different from Europe. We have long spans of straight highway at very fast speeds. We travel by the full tank in the saddle.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Sasquatch

Is there an avenue that we can send feedback to the company?  Either by email or snail mail?  There should be.  They need to hear from us.

Sasquatch

Is there an avenue that we can send feedback to the company?  Either by email or snail mail?  There should be.  They need to hear from us.

Quote from: "tigerjay"Is there an avenue that we can send feedback to the company?  Either by email or snail mail?  There should be.  They need to hear from us.

There's an echo in here!

MarkF

Quote from: "tigerjay"'04 (dad's) in the garage right next to my 01 955i.  Same bike, no changes except for a small number of fasteners.

Jay

When did the 955i start?  I thought it was 2002 but was obviously wrong.

MarkF
MarkF

\"I\'d rather be riding...\"

Chris Canning

Bought mine in May 2001

Chris

Sasquatch

Bought my brand new 01 (left over) last month.  Some time in early 01 they went to the 955i motor.  I was told that only a couple hundread went out with the 885 motor.  Don't know if that is true.

Chris Canning

Well i had to order mine and wait a fortnight for it so i guess it must have been an early one,but there's   more to them than just putting a different motor in, the 955 is taller and the the suspension stiffer,but still not enough,I'd had mine a week or so and went back to the shop,my 900i had already been sold but was still there,I had quite a shock when I sat back on it as there's a noticable difference.

Chris

tenpaq

ah yes, mabey unchanged fot 2004 but mine is still Brand new and Shiney!!!and silver.
\"If you can`t get hurt, skip it!\"

2004 Silver Tiger