News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Todays MCN

Started by Chris Canning, December 07, 2005, 09:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klingklang

I dont appreciate it either,  who need a speed triple with an another shaped tank ??????

QuoteI will hold on to the thought that there is some flesh with the rumour of Yamaha developing a new XTZ 1000 T»n»r».

where you got this infos, any link?

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "norwegian-tiger"If the Tiger is going supermotard, and is saying goodbye to touring / allroad, I will say goodbye to Triumph! Just another toy! But I want to belive that Triumph`s not that stupid!

Agree +1000

Mudhen

Do you think anyone from Triumph follows message boards like this?  Or maybe at least triumphrat.net?
\'96 Steamer

norwegian-tiger

BMW have the 1200cc HP2.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-motorcycles/bmw-hp2/

But BMW is keeping the 650GS, 1200GS and 1200GS Adventure, so somebody manage to sell Big engine offroaders!

I really don`t care what Triumph calls the Tiger. I bought the Tiger as a  touring / allroad / adventure bike, and I am very satisfied with my Steamer as such. And I belive that most of the Tiger owners here in Scandinavia bought their Tigers for the same reason. If we wanted a KTM, we would buy one.

Big engine offroaders may not sell that good, but I will go on buying them. And if Triumph don`t sell them I will take my business somewhere else, I`m sorry to say. And that is coming from a Tiger fanatic!
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

norwegian-tiger

Does anyone have an e-mail address to Triumph, preferably to Sales and Marketing?

I belive the reg. Address to be:

Triumph Motorcycles Ltd

Jacknell Road

Dodwells Bridge Industrial Estate

Hinckley

Leicestershire

LE10 3BS

England

Telephone: 01455 251700

Fax: 01455 251367

Time to tell Triumph not to make "speed triple with an another shaped tank", as klingklang so well put it?
Geir

`00 Girly (on the road)

`98 Steamer (sold)

`84 Honda CBX (in the garden)

www.triumphtiger.net

www.triumphtiger.net/clubscandinavia/

http://www.britz-buzios.com/

Patrick

Quote from: "klingklang"I dont appreciate it either,  who need a speed triple with an another shaped tank ??????

QuoteI will hold on to the thought that there is some flesh with the rumour of Yamaha developing a new XTZ 1000 T»n»r».

where you got this infos, any link?

In May 2004, Yamaha officials surprisingly showed up at a german T»n»r» ride in. They asked a lot of questions and suggested there might come a new version of the T»n»r».

In June 2004 there was an essay about this with a nice drawing in german and swiss bike mags (see http://forum.lc8.info/viewtopic.php?t=1 ... f87f0250cb) After that, it became quiet.

In May 2005, I had the opportunity to speak to the head of sales of Yamaha Europe. He smiled a lot and said he couldn't decline or confirm that there will be a new T»n»r». But he also said, that Yamaha Europe sees a market for this bike and the want it to come. This project got a specific project number in Japan, and slowly but shurely it climbs higher and higher in their priority list.

Have fun!

Patrick

Yamaha certainly have the credentials to build something like that since they & Mssr Peterhansel thrashed everyone for years in the P-Dakar. The more the merrier.

I'm one that is hoping for several versions of the Tiger. I'd like a 675cc true round the world type thing that takes over the mantle left by the R80GS.

Triumph need a touring bike. The current Tiger is the only COMFORTABLE tourer in their range now. The ST puts too much wieght on the wrists for my liking. So any new Tiger range has to include a touring version.

Then there's the Supermoto thing.

So I hope there's at least 3 versions coming soon. I actually think they could offer different wheels as an option. If it's properly thought out, you don't need to change much to offer 17" wheels instead of 19"ers.

The future looks interesting/promising.

kraftdinners

Well we all know what MCN stand for ! ..More Crap and Nonsense...

Alan

Clemski

Went into Jack Lillies today as they had the new 675 there, (Awesome bike, but it's not a Tiger). I said to them when is the new Tiger coming, relating to MCN's article, the bloke from the factory stated that the current Tiger will be in production for the whole of next year, and that the picture MCN had was an artists impression as was "bollocks", and the bike that was photographed was a "MUle" testbed and nobody knows what the replacement for the current Tiger will be like. :D
Just love riding my Tiger, anywhere and everywhere.

Mudhen

\'96 Steamer

Chris Canning

I'd say the article in MCN proves that Triumph have learned how to pull the wednesdays comic chain!!!!,but in production the whole of next year?? i doubt it, you'll be lucky to see the final product untill well passed the middle of next year,and unless you barmy enough to order one without seeing it(people do) you'll be looking at 2007,but i'll be interested to see what does turn.

A dead thread???? yea in about a years time!!!!

Quote from: "Clemski", the bloke from the factory stated that the current Tiger will be in production for the whole of next year,

It certainly will be in production until June 2006 at least since the Triumph model year runs July to June. So, if there is a new Tiger on the way it'll be in production from July 2007.

BigDave

styling looks pretty cool. they are going even in a more opposite direction for me though. I want to see a beefed up off road tiger.  :twisted: