News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road tires

Started by guydan, January 09, 2006, 12:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guydan

Guys:

I've been reading posts, reviews, manufacturers websites, etc, and my head hurts! Here's the deal...

I have about 5500 miles on my Anakees with the rear having approximately 2mm of thread left and very flat. I ride exclusively on-road; commuting and Sunday rides, not too aggressive. I want to change to a road-based tire and have three on the list:

Michelin Pilot Road

Conti Road Attack

Avon Azaro AV45/AV46 (if I can find the front)

I'm looking for comments from people with experience; please comment on likely and/or relative life, likes/dislikes, good internet sources, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Doug

huskyjeep

I also will be switching to pure street tires as soon as my Tourances wear out. I'm gonna run Pilot power on the front (if available) & Pilot Road on the back. I run these on my Ducatis,my RZs, my SV, and my Husky motard and LOVE em. I really would like to switch to motard rims if I only had the moola.
Beware of the Curse of---Too many bikes to enjoy as they should be ! It sux !

TigerTrax

The Tourance gives you some backroad options and are excellent wet/dry tires.

I believe some pirelli Distanzas have had good rider reviews in the past and Avon is coming with some good wet/dry tires. Finally.... I think Dunlop has a 200 series that works well.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

Green Lantern

On page 6 of the General Tiger Forum(this one) there is an incredible, intelligent write up of the Michelin Street Pilots for adventure tours. It was written by a man named Adam Bell who was killed (sadly) while riding his Daytona last spring. It is, bar none, one of the best product reviews I have ever read. If you're interested in the Michelin Street Pilots I highly recommend  it. Peace.

Brandon

Quote from: "TigerTrax"The Tourance gives you some backroad options and are excellent wet/dry tires.

I believe some pirelli Distanzas.

AVON Distanzas. Pirelli MT90A/T. Are both dual purpose tyres like the Tourances. IMHO the Tourance takes some beating for the grip/mileage ratio it gives.

guydan

Gentlemen:

I realize that there are many dual-sport tires to choose from.  If I was going to go dual-sport, I would stay with the Anakees.

My questions relate to the use of road-based-tires...

Quote from: "guydan"Guys:

I've been reading posts, reviews, manufacturers websites, etc, and my head hurts! Here's the deal...

I have about 5500 miles on my Anakees with the rear having approximately 2mm of thread left and very flat. I ride exclusively on-road; commuting and Sunday rides, not too aggressive. I want to change to a road-based tire and have three on the list:

Michelin Pilot Road

Conti Road Attack

I'm looking for comments from people with experience; please comment on likely and/or relative life, likes/dislikes, good internet sources, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Cheers,

Doug

huskyjeep

Quote from: "Green Lantern"On page 6 of the General Tiger Forum(this one) there is an incredible, intelligent write up of the Michelin Street Pilots for adventure tours. It was written by a man named Adam Bell who was killed (sadly) while riding his Daytona last spring. It is, bar none, one of the best product reviews I have ever read. If you're interested in the Michelin Street Pilots I highly recommend  it. Peace.

Brandon

You asked-------AND you recieved !!!!!!!!!!!!
Beware of the Curse of---Too many bikes to enjoy as they should be ! It sux !

BR

Guydan,

Good questions you ask but it's too soon for me to comment on the set of Mich Pilot Roads I've got waiting for my '98 Steamer.  I plan to install them sometime in the next month or two AND go tubeless.

Brendan

'98 BRG Tiger

guydan

Quote from: "guydan"Guys:

Michelin Pilot Road

Conti Road Attack

Thanks in advance.

Still reading... The Avon AV45 in a 110/80-19 is just hitting the streets here in the US. One other choice that appears to be available is the Metzler Roadtec Z6 (saw the front in the Dennis Kirk catalog). Any opinions on it?
Cheers,

Doug

noivson

Partial help here. Conti Road Attacks used on a Yamaha FZ1. Pleased with the grip in all conditions. Seems they will outlast the OEM tires, BS 020's. I'm strongly considering them for Tiger. Can't comment on life, I'm always riding the Tiger now!
Ride More-Worry Less! \'05 Lucifer Orange \'S\'

¥TigerTamer?

Recently coming from the sportbike world and knowing how good the Michelin Pilots are - I would probably go that route.

2005 Triumph Tiger 955i

2004 Triumph Daytona 955i SE (sold)

1995 Triumph Trophy 1200 (RIP)

djr

Pilot roads are excellent!

I was going to fit Conti Road attacks at the time but they were out of stock and I needed them before they were going to get them. One point with the road attacks is there is no tread at the outside edges so wet weather could be interesting.

very happy with the michelins so far.

Chris Canning

I got jumped on for not giveing the whole story on another thread,and as i'm not keen on having my balls as a dickie bow this will have to be the same,you'll get another option in the middle of the year,a very good one.

How do i know because i've got the only pair in the Uk,which would be great apart from my Dymags turned up yesterday!!! and they'd made e'm for 955i!!!!! Daytona!!!!!!

So i've a tyre man screaming blue murder to put some mileage on e'm

Yea yea i know about SM wheels but as the actress said to the bishop size doesn't matter.

guydan

Chris:

I won't jump on you, but what are you talking about?  What tires?  Michelins? Contis?  

I'm looking for opinions and thank all who contribute.
Cheers,

Doug

Chris Canning

I'm sorry but thats not me to say even what make they are,when they launch them i'll put my two peneeth in.